Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2014, 07:59 PM - 1 Like   #4711
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Thanks Rupert, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the X30, pretty sad I have to say goodbye to the X10, not allowed to keep both, but the additional features of the X30 will be a welcome for the bits I do for the magazine.

Some from Yesterday evening, ran out up to the park so I could get some shots of the Mourne mountains before the sun went completely down, was a hard dash in my Timberland shoes and jeans with the X-Pro and 55-200mm + 35mm lens.

55m f5.6

35mm f5.6

In camera panoramic

55mm f5, the IS works quite well on the 55-200mm this was taken at 1/40th

Oh and had one left from the other days, was taken very early in the morning.

Cheers, Steve
I love the fuji colours. the xpro shines in your hands

this is a cross post Blu shot this am with the XT1 56 1.2 and EF42 flash. Astia soft setting, stofen amber diffuser bounced of wall to the left

12-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #4712
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Fine shot of a good looking doggie Eddie. I don't normally like flash shots, but you really did a great job on that one.
Fuji colors....from the X10 to the X-T1,Fuji colors are the best!

Regards!
12-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #4713
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Fine shot of a good looking doggie Eddie. I don't normally like flash shots, but you really did a great job on that one.
Fuji colors....from the X10 to the X-T1,Fuji colors are the best!

Regards!
I've been working on flash technique Rupert normally i hate them as well. In large part because i didn't know how to get a good one, and most people don't seem to either. obviously off camera lighting is the best idea but portable and fast it's hard to beat a swivel flash. I used to just bounce off the ceiling and hope for the best, I'm not a huge fan of this guy but his explaination of getting the most out of on camera flash is great - got the link on the fuji forum

http://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/
12-07-2014, 02:12 AM   #4714
Veteran Member

Lovely shot Eddie1960, I've never been a fan of flash either, had one for my old Kr but never got anything decent, OK for Facebook as the say.

I've been looking at LED's for lighting, especially as I am looking to do some video with the X30.

So been having a look at these Metz lights.

Still got to wait until Christmas...

Cheers, Steve

12-07-2014, 02:54 AM - 1 Like   #4715
NKK
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Well I don't know about you Rupert but I'm getting a X30 from the boss for Christmas, spotted a good one 2nd hand in silver for near £200 off with case still a good whack of cash but closer the prices of a X20.
Don't need a surprise when it's something you want lol...

Anyways apart from that I managed to get a couple of nice shots this morning at the In-laws.

Taken with the X-Pro and 35mm lens.

Cheers, Steve
Really good shots there. Well done

Just been away a Little and there is so many awesome shots.

---------- Post added 12-07-14 at 10:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I love the fuji colours. the xpro shines in your hands

this is a cross post Blu shot this am with the XT1 56 1.2 and EF42 flash. Astia soft setting, stofen amber diffuser bounced of wall to the left

Beautiful dog you have. And a great Picture.
I have never been so strong in the flash setup's.
I try sometimes and pull out some external flashes and sometimes studio strobes, but it takes some practicing to get it right. You did great here!
12-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #4716
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NKK Quote
Really good shots there. Well done

Just been away a Little and there is so many awesome shots.

---------- Post added 12-07-14 at 10:56 AM ----------

Beautiful dog you have. And a great Picture.
I have never been so strong in the flash setup's.
I try sometimes and pull out some external flashes and sometimes studio strobes, but it takes some practicing to get it right. You did great here!
thanks Flash has always been a weak point for me, but I think i'm starting to figure it out, I used to bounce with the AF360 but not effectively I think I've figured out. Ideally I will grab a smallish bracket and a ttl cord to get right off the camera
12-07-2014, 02:59 PM   #4717
Veteran Member

thanks Flash has always been a weak point for me, but I think i'm starting to figure it out, I used to bounce with the AF360 but not effectively I think I've figured out. Ideally I will grab a smallish bracket and a ttl cord to get right off the camera
For more fun, get some Cactus Flash wireless units. The new ones are wonderful from what I read....but even my old ones are great for getting the flash away from the camera and where you want it. Inexpensive and easy to use too!

Regards!

12-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #4718
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
For more fun, get some Cactus Flash wireless units. The new ones are wonderful from what I read....but even my old ones are great for getting the flash away from the camera and where you want it. Inexpensive and easy to use too!

Regards!
yeah theres my weak point the math for running them in manual setting mode. waiting for a firmware update so off camera ttl is supported makes like much easier
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #4719
Veteran Member

yeah theres my weak point the math for running them in manual setting mode. waiting for a firmware update so off camera ttl is supported makes like much easier
I understand. In my little studio I had, I was using Cactus Flash wireless with two umbrella strobes or a softbox set up. It only takes a second to dial up or down the flash and test to get what you want. Once set, you are good to go until you change lenses, settings or what you want out of your shot.

It even worked very nicely with the X10 for fun shots.

Regards!
12-10-2014, 07:21 PM   #4720
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like Mrs Rupert. Very nice studio portrait.

Here's one from tonight, still autumn... X-100 on the run.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
FinePix X100  Photo 
12-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #4721
Veteran Member

Just a quick copy over..

Managed to sneak a play with the X30 before it was wrapped up..... Not sure why they were downsized to 3mp then transferring from the X30 to my computer but works for what I wanted to show.... Just some quick ones in classic chrome as I couldn't resist!

Both extremes of the zoom range.

Super Duper Wooper Macro

A bit different light.

I don't think Thomas is sure....

Snot face is onboard!

Quite pleased with the ramp up in focus speed but the functions seem a bit alien at the mo, just so used to do all EXR mode.

Oh I didn't forget beer Friday, got some new beers in to try and time got away from me maybe a beer Saturday!

Cheers, Steve
12-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #4722
Veteran Member

Hey Rupert - I was visiting a friend in her new residence and while I was there she pointed out a squirrel she had befriended. ``His name is Rupert'', she said, ``he came up and introduced himself''.

Apparently you are such a friend to squirrels that now they are taking your name!
12-14-2014, 01:57 AM - 2 Likes   #4723
Veteran Member

A few high ISO shots from the X-Pro 1 and 35mm combo, the Christmas Light were turned on in my Village last night by the children of Sandcastles Playgroup, not the best organised event and my 2 were not in the mood to see Santa after... We dont have many lights in Connor Downs.....

One of the few times I've just shot in RAW, quite enjoyed cleaning these high ISO ones up.

Cheers, Steve

---------- Post added 12-14-14 at 02:27 AM ----------

Oh and some late beer Friday.....

Was nice but was too tired to enjoy it!
12-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #4724
Veteran Member

Enjoyed those shots Skank! They really have a Christmas "feel" to them.

Around here it has been unusually warm and the only sign of Christmas has been all the Christmas parties....this is one of Mrs Rupert's company parties Friday night.
X20

The food was terrific!

QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
Hey Rupert - I was visiting a friend in her new residence and while I was there she pointed out a squirrel she had befriended. ``His name is Rupert'', she said, ``he came up and introduced himself''.

Apparently you are such a friend to squirrels that now they are taking your name!
What a coincidence! Just don't tell him where I live, I'm already broke from feeding the Army of Otis here!

Regards!
12-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #4725
Veteran Member

X-T1 and Bower 8mm revisited the PP (previously posted elsewhere with a LR mobile Post - this was done on the computer with LR and Nik Efex Pro 2 - still has pesky raindrops though)