Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 750 Likes Search this Thread
12-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #4741
Veteran Member

Thanks Rupert, We don’t normally get country music down here but there is a big calling for it in Ireland, so do get to listen to it from time to time...

We are more into sea shanties down here.

Some camera based presents.

Oh and the tool these were taken on (sadly taken on a sub standard camera phone....)

Merry Christmas!

Cheers, Steve

12-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #4742
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice gifts! I'm really looking forward to your X30 shots...don't forget the Toy Camera thread!

That is a catchy tune you posted.....I'll post this one last one...sort of the "National Anthem of Texas"

People have a huge misconception of Texas, and people like me don't help any by hyping up the stereotyping. Actually, Texas is about the most diverse place I know of, both with people and geographically.

Regards!
12-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #4743
Veteran Member

I suspect Cornwall and Texas are quite similar!

This is our “national anthem”

Cheers, Steve
12-25-2014, 12:00 PM   #4744
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skankin_giant Quote
Thanks Rupert, We don’t normally get country music down here but there is a big calling for it in Ireland, so do get to listen to it from time to time...

We are more into sea shanties down here.

No Hopers, Jokers & Rogues - YouTube

Some camera based presents.

Oh and the tool these were taken on (sadly taken on a sub standard camera phone....)

Merry Christmas!

Cheers, Steve
Great watch!
Merry Christmas!

12-25-2014, 12:03 PM   #4745
Veteran Member

Skank, for my youngest son, a Texas Aggie, this is the National Song of the whole world! Don't know if you know much about Texas Aggies over there, but here they are the most rabid supporters of their University of anyone on earth.....Notre Dame has nothing on Aggies!

Imagine what it is like in a stadium of 105,000 yelling Aggies when the famous Aggie band marches on the field and plays their fight song! The whole place shakes and quivers.....been there many times when he was in college....a ton of my money is still there!

I'll stop here...we are drifting away from the topic of Fuji cameras...but a little fun once in a while doesn't hurt, does it!

Best Regards!
12-27-2014, 06:07 AM   #4746
Veteran Member

Well I’ve bought the XF60mm in the January sales, not the most loved lenses by the “Pros" but I want to do a little macro and can’t afford the Zeiss optics!
Was a good deal anyway for the UK, £130 off bringing it down to UK 2nd hand prices and then I can still claim the £100 cashback.

Cheers, Steve
01-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #4747
Veteran Member

Skank-----I look forward to seeing what you can do with that macro lens. I had a great Kiron 105 macro I sold last Spring....in fact I sold a lot of great glass in anticipation of going more Toy Camera, but still haven't found anything to buy to replace my X20 that appeals. The X30 might, but it is just too close to what I already have.
Hope you have a fantastic 2015, keep posting, I have really enjoyed your shots in the past year!

Best Regards!
Rupert

01-03-2015, 02:14 PM   #4748
Veteran Member

I will kick of 2015 with a photo from my XF60.

Also some X30 fun in London, here is a link to the album, I have already posted in the toy camera thread.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/2strokesteve/sets/72157650095097315/

Cheers, Steve
01-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #4749
Veteran Member

She is so lovely! I bet she is a handful though! I'm liking what I see from your X30...as much as what I see from your X-Pro, really. I saw those in the Toy Camera thread, very nice shooting...I sure hope you will post your X30 shots there with regularity!

Every time I see your daughter I think of my little Allee when she was about that age.....I never had a daughter but Allee was close. I know all about the temperament at that age....
Lovely when all goes their way...

Not so much when it doesn't!

Best Regards!
01-04-2015, 02:25 AM   #4750
Veteran Member

You Allee is a lovely girl also, I think our Caitriona has my wife temperament.... Fiery Irish! Us Cornish are much more easy going.....

Cheers, Steve
01-06-2015, 01:54 PM   #4751
Veteran Member

Made a trip to St Ives tonight, came home via Hayle for a wonder about near the estuary. There is a few photos sorry....

Cheers, Steve

Last edited by skankin_giant; 01-07-2015 at 01:20 AM.
01-06-2015, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #4752
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Made a trip to St Ives tonight, came home via Hayle for a wonder about near the estuary. There is a few photos sorry....

Cheers, Steve
Interesting shots there Steve. Great color and very atmospheric.
01-07-2015, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #4753
Veteran Member

Thanks Jacquot, I quite enjoyed the night time photos, now all I need is a big flash so I can capture the moon as well as the boats......

Long exposure and cold weather sure kills the batteries, got through 2 batteries in less then 200 shots!

I had a play last night with a couple of them...

I think I prefer the colour version of this shot.

Bloody Seagulls landing halfway through a 20 sec exposure, or is it a ghost seagull!?

Cheers, Steve
01-09-2015, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #4754
Veteran Member

Neat shots Skank, atmospheric is the word.....I agree. Color is the best, also agree. Love the first one, it makes you study it more than once.

My shots have little "artistic" value.....but they have great taste!
X20

Regards!
01-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #4755
NKK
Inactive Account

Thanks Jacquot, I quite enjoyed the night time photos, now all I need is a big flash so I can capture the moon as well as the boats......

Long exposure and cold weather sure kills the batteries, got through 2 batteries in less then 200 shots!

I had a play last night with a couple of them...

I think I prefer the colour version of this shot.

Bloody Seagulls landing halfway through a 20 sec exposure, or is it a ghost seagull!?

Cheers, Steve
Really good shots - i really like the first one.
And the seagull in the second one makes a good "ghost story"