Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #4831

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I really hope somebody will talk me out of buying an X100T.
I for one will not.

05-31-2015, 02:59 PM   #4832
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Somewhere in the Pacific

are my shoes

...long story...but my X PRO 1 is dunk proof that i know now
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-Pro1  Photo 
06-05-2015, 10:48 AM   #4833
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
are my shoes

...long story...but my X PRO 1 is dunk proof that i know now
Really.... hopefully still working! Looks like an amazing beach.
06-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #4834
Veteran Member

Quick question (that I may have asked before): has anyone here tried adapting any Pentax lenses to the X-trans bodies? I'm particularly interested in seeing the output of the FA 77 (and other ltds) on the X-trans.

Thanks!

Yonatan

06-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #4835
Veteran Member

@ Clarkey, Yes! it kept on working, haven't look at it since i got back, corrosion might be forming now i took that body because i wanted to give it one last go before the newer one comes out i might take it in to Fuji and have it cleaned along with the X100 that needs a new inner as per last visit then pack them away. btw i fell off *lol* a ledge which i should have known was there, water colour was darker ...the diver and his freinds had a good laugh...after they rushed to me but i popped back up and side stroked back in ...

Sony FF has my attention now ...the camera whore in me just won't die!

@ yorik not sure about the 77 but i think within this thread there are some samples with (non)/ Pentax lenses.

Last edited by Clicker; 06-07-2015 at 07:24 PM.
06-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #4836
Veteran Member

@ yorik not sure about the 77 but i think within this thread there are some samples with (non)/ Pentax lenses.

I suppose that I will have to search the thread... I was hoping to avoid that
06-10-2015, 08:20 AM   #4837
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

@ Clarkey, Yes! it kept on working, haven't look at it since i got back, corrosion might be forming now i took that body because i wanted to give it one last go before the newer one comes out i might take it in to Fuji and have it cleaned along with the X100 that needs a new inner as per last visit then pack them away. btw i fell off *lol* a ledge which i should have known was there, water colour was darker ...the diver and his freinds had a good laugh...after they rushed to me but i popped back up and side stroked back in ...

Sony FF has my attention now ...the camera whore in me just won't die!

Wow, quite the story. I found a P&S underwater once, I guess just like the ledge.

Hard on your gear, eh ;-).

The sony is an interesting option, for sure. I have a fair few Minolta lenses that would go well on one. Might wait for the Fuji full frame though!

06-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #4838
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
Wow, quite the story. I found a P&S underwater once, I guess just like the ledge.

Hard on your gear, eh ;-).

The sony is an interesting option, for sure. I have a fair few Minolta lenses that would go well on one. Might wait for the Fuji full frame though!

This was the shot i got before falling off and getting hit by a 3ft wave (i was crouching and doing panoramas)...it's the reason people (locals) were in the water at the other end, they knew of the ledge on my side *lol* as you can see i was the only dumb tourist to be in the water
There was a guy (tourist) at my right watching and asking me questions about what i was trying to photograph and equipment...guess he didn't think it was necessary to alert me of the wave coming in
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-Pro1  Photo 
06-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #4839
Veteran Member

Ocean Sports

I'm really happy that no one wanted my XPRO-1 @$500CAD back when i was trying to sell it because i had accumulated too much gear as always but now i'm quite happy stocking my garage with unused stuff that i can rediscover over time like i did this trip.

Best Snorkel Cruise Kona Hawaii, Best Sunset Cruise Kona Hawaii, Snorkel Cruise Kona, Sunset Sails, and Beach Activities Ocean Sports
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-Pro1  Photo 
06-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #4840
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, i'm still going strong with the X-E1 - for sale second hand now for ~$300CAD. The price/[performance is awesome.

Spring Red
by Aaron, on Flickr

PS - I've gone back to Silkypix for initial process and sharpen - now that the Fuji presets are directly supported, the colours and sharpening (IMO) are much better than lightroom.
07-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #4841
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On a Fuji fest

With Silkypix, and enjoying the recent upgrade very much. I like it a heck of a lot better than Lightroom, right now. You have been warned!

Back garden with the increasingly useful 60mm:

In all its glory
by Aaron, on Flickr

Closer.
by Aaron, on Flickr

Fireworks of a different sort
by Aaron, on Flickr
07-08-2015, 04:44 PM   #4842

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
With Silkypix, and enjoying the recent upgrade very much. I like it a heck of a lot better than Lightroom, right now. You have been warned!

Back garden with the increasingly useful 60mm:

In all its glory
by Aaron, on Flickr

Closer.
by Aaron, on Flickr

Fireworks of a different sort
by Aaron, on Flickr

Great photography, Clarkey. Is the Silkypix upgrade free?
07-08-2015, 06:34 PM   #4843
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
Quick question (that I may have asked before): has anyone here tried adapting any Pentax lenses to the X-trans bodies? I'm particularly interested in seeing the output of the FA 77 (and other ltds) on the X-trans.

Thanks!

Yonatan
I am quite sure you have already visited this site: Portal - Fuji X Forum .... Just in case you haven't, there it is.
There are quite a few threads on that; and one specifically geared to adapted lenses with several K mount lenses samples.

---------- Post added 07-08-15 at 09:38 PM ----------

I'm really happy that no one wanted my XPRO-1 @$500CAD back when i was trying to sell it because i had accumulated too much gear as always but now i'm quite happy stocking my garage with unused stuff that i can rediscover over time like i did this trip.

Best Snorkel Cruise Kona Hawaii, Best Sunset Cruise Kona Hawaii, Snorkel Cruise Kona, Sunset Sails, and Beach Activities Ocean Sports
That just might be how my situation will turn out when/if I decide to sell my "almost-never-used" X-E2.
07-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #4844
Veteran Member

I've been shooting the X-E1 almost exclusively now for family pictures. Most of my "Me-time" photography is film. On this particular night however, my TLR froze up and the X-E1 and 18mm stepped up.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-E1  Photo 
07-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #4845
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I am quite sure you have already visited this site: Portal - Fuji X Forum .... Just in case you haven't, there it is.
There are quite a few threads on that; and one specifically geared to adapted lenses with several K mount lenses samples
Thank you - I hadn't visited that site before (but I have been to the `Fuji Xspot' site).