Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Samsung to return to IBIS with their NX line???

According to Mirrorless rumors that might happen. I have to say that I have somewhat missed SR on my NX.

Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | Samsung will introduce on sensor image stabilization on future NX cameras?

12-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
According to Mirrorless rumors that might happen. I have to say that I have somewhat missed SR on my NX.

Mirrorless Rumors | Blog | Samsung will introduce on sensor image stabilization on future NX cameras?
Hope it's true. For me, the lack of IBIS is a big minus and one of the things I hold against the NEX line. It's strange that Sony offers IBIS in their SLR and SLT cameras but decided not to do it in their NEX line.

Also interesting is the mention that Samsung co-developed SR with Pentax and that the patents for SR are shared between them.
12-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In short time Samsung, Sony, Nikon and Pentax have entered the mirrorless market. Competition will harden, and then every small advantage will matter. I bet NEX will offer it as well within a few models.