Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #46
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Coming in Q2 (although the homepage already has a mobile version).
Cool to hear. And congrats for the PF mobile site - it's really great to use - I sometimes browse the forums and reply from my phone.

01-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #47

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Coming in Q2 (although the homepage already has a mobile version).
The mobile version is great, but I would point out that iPad also gets the mobile version, and the full version is a much better experience on the iPad than the mobile version.
01-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #48
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
And that's when you would click the "full site" link at the bottom- quick and easy!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #49
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We've just posted a cool article- what defines a camera enthusiast?

Are you a Camera Enthusiast? - Photographic Articles - CameraEnthusiast.com Blog

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by arnie0674 Quote
The mobile version is great, but I would point out that iPad also gets the mobile version, and the full version is a much better experience on the iPad than the mobile version.
On the iPad, use Tapatalk to browse the forum. I actually enjoy reading the forum in Tapatalk more than the full version on my full computer. Tapatalk stripes off all the distraction
02-21-2012, 01:15 PM   #51
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I tried tapatalk for the blackberry and it was quite terrible- but I bet that on the iPad the experience is better!

Adam

02-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #52
Veteran Member

black what?

Seriously though, tapatalk on iPad for me is more fun than the full forum. Esp. attached images are nice, they display as a full screen slide show when tapped. However, something in the PF-tapatalk interface is missing because linked images open in a separate page. Same for links to other threads on PF.

02-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
black what?
Joking ... right?

JP
04-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #54
bvg
Veteran Member

It seems you missed one of DSLR producers, Sigma Corporation.
08-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #55
Veteran Member

And Sigma mirrorless is missing
02-02-2014, 07:42 AM   #56
Pentaxian

Your new site seems incompatible with Tapatalk. Every page shows up blank. Fix that, and give the PF version a thumbs up button in Tapatalk, and my life will be complete.
12-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #57

Is there any way to link the Canon site to this one so if a member here also uses Canon gear, they will not have to re-authenticate on the Canon site? The Canon site seems plagged by the same problem as this and other sites, namely crappy email verification. The site claims to send the email that must be received in order to click on the link to verify the user's account but the email is not actually sent then (or at all)!!
12-24-2018, 02:04 AM   #58
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by whitelotus9 Quote
Is there any way to link the Canon site to this one so if a member here also uses Canon gear, they will not have to re-authenticate on the Canon site? The Canon site seems plagged by the same problem as this and other sites, namely crappy email verification. The site claims to send the email that must be received in order to click on the link to verify the user's account but the email is not actually sent then (or at all)!!
Yup, that is the plan. That said, until such a change is made, e-mail confirmation should be working. If not, please use the contact form and we can manually activate your account.

Adam

12-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #59

Contact Us form was used after several repeated attempts again today to get an email from the Canon site's system.
12-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Adam, nice looking/functioning new websites! You really do a great job at setting up and running photography forums.

I wish you luck with your Nikon and Canon forums! I've been a long time member of the NikonGear forum. The This Nikon forum is run by "Mr. Nikon" - Norway's Bjorn Rorslett. That will be tough competition for you. However, the existing Canon forums that I'm aware of aren't anything special.

I left Nikon and Canon when I switched to Pentax about 5 years ago. I see the futures of Nikanon as being not all that bright.

Panasonic and Fuji are two camera companies that I see as having the brightest futures. I've been shooting digital Fuji's for about 18 years and just last year went over to Panasonic for their micro 4/3rds. I am not aware of any good M4/3 forums, so you might want to also consider setting up a forum for Panasonic. However, Fuji already has a wonderful forum which I've been a member of for a long time. I really don't see a great need for another Fuji forum.