Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shoot more than just Pentax? Here's a new site for you!

We've recently launched two sister sites for Canon and Nikon users:
Check them out if you shoot more than just Pentax!

Attached Images

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Last edited by Adam; 08-15-2018 at 12:41 AM. Reason: updated for 2018
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #2

Looking forward to checking it out. Adam, if you are involved in curating the development of that site, I'm sure it will enjoy the same success we've seen here with PF.
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Cool idea. An all-inclusive forum. Exciting development.
01-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Coolio!

c[_]

01-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Excellent Idea Adam
01-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The new site's forum will be powered by Xenforo, which is written by the same developers as our current software (vBulletin 3). As such, it meets the highest standards of quality but is a product of the current decade rather than the last one Plus, we'll be modifying things as needed, just like we've done here.

The homepage will feature news and reviews just like PF, and will be powered by CMS software I've written myself. It'll be fully integrated with the forum so you can use a single login to comment on the homepage and post on the forum. Shortly after the launch, we plan on adding a photo gallery with a little twist- you'll have to wait and see Just a little sneak-peak; stay tuned for more!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Sounds like a great idea, but on the link provided, we can't register yet. Let us know when we can join. I'm much more into photographic techniques than collecting equipment.

01-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The site isn't available yet, but you can follow the facebook page or this thread for updates. I'm hoping for a February launch date

Adam

01-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
Banned

Looking forward to it. I've gone to the other side (Nikon) but still come here for the great people and photography. I'd love to see a 'gender neutral' photo site with the great community feel of pentaxforums..Thanks!!
01-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photo Gallery....I'd like to see a Photo Gallery that wasn't so limited in the number of photos you can post. I used to post and enjoy the User Photo Gallery here....until I topped out in the small number of photos allowed. Of course, if you want to contribute a small fortune, you get a small increase.....but still less than what I already have posted.
For just a few dollars a year you can post all you want at Flickr, and since storage is cheap, why is there such a limit here?

Regards!
01-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
The new site isn't going to launch with a gallery (though a very special type of gallery is planned later on), but there will be user albums (like we have here) and there won't be any image upload limits for those and attachments!

Rupert, are you all maxed out here?

Adam

01-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I'm happy to announce that we're aiming to launch the new site on Tuesday, January 17th!

It will launch with a photo contest / giveaway in which you can win a Fuji X10 or one of two Adorama gift cards! Stay tuned And as a special treat, we'll let our Pentaxians and Site Supporters register early, so be checking the Pentaxian Lounge!

Camera-Enthusiast.com | Facebook

Adam

01-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great idea, Adam! Looking forward to this!
01-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good stuff Adam. All the best for the launch.
01-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Launch day is tomorrow at 8am Eastern! Get ready, guys!

Adam