Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Full size Fuji X-Pro high ISO images posted...

Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but from a DR perspective, I find this image to be outstanding!
Can't wait to get my hands on some RAW samples.

Click to few full size

PS. bare in mind that this is a JPG image and that there is NR in effect. However, based on my best efforts, its possible that Fuji has managed to squeeze out a little more noise performance out of their 16mp sensor. (looking forward to seeing the RAW files).

01-31-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Here's a video of the photographer who took that shot discussing the camera:

01-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I know I'm talking apples/oranges here...but I have found that in the x10 at least, shooting Raw is usually a waste of time and effort, the processing engine Fuji uses will beat my capabilities almost every time. Perhaps it is that way with the X-Pro too? Of course, Raw is still the way to go if you have mistakes you have made in WB or exposure, but for most of my shots, the x10 delivers better than I can by using Raw.

The X-Pro is touted for superb IQ....and from the samples I have seen, although few to date, it appears it is going to deliver as promised. We'll know soon enough!
Regards!

Some more..... 3 days & 2 nights with the Fujifilm X-Pro1 Photo Gallery by hugo poon at pbase.com

Stanley...There is something blatantly unfair that sheep guys get the X-Pro before Squirrel shooters. I'm going to complaint to Fuji about that. Sheep just lay there like....sheep.....Handsome Squirrels can pose like gifted models, and would be much more interesting and photogenic. You think?

Last edited by Rupert; 01-31-2012 at 09:52 AM.
01-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some luminance noise, no chromatic noise, you can see the effect of noise reduction in parts of the picture, but the depth of field also lends for some confusion.

What ISO was this? (sorry if it's in the video, I can't load videos here).

01-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jindesu Quote
some luminance noise, no chromatic noise, you can see the effect of noise reduction in parts of the picture, but the depth of field also lends for some confusion.

What iso was this? (sorry if it's in the video, i can't load videos here).
iso 6400
01-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm with you 100% on that one Rupert. My dogs tend to prefer skunks.
01-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Some luminance noise, no chromatic noise, you can see the effect of noise reduction in parts of the picture, but the depth of field also lends for some confusion.

What ISO was this? (sorry if it's in the video, I can't load videos here).
Also F3.2 on the 18mm.

01-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Don't know if this has been posted yet or not, but from a DR perspective, I find this image to be outstanding!
Can't wait to get my hands on some RAW samples.

Click to few full size
To use 18 mm with 1/250 at f3.2 with ISO6400 is absurd....IMO.
Too much light. This photo can't show the real situation with shadows at high ISO.

Last edited by ogl; 01-31-2012 at 07:35 PM.
01-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
To use 18 mm with 1/250 at f3.2 with ISO6400 is absurd....IMO.
Too much light
While I'd agree that this would affect SNR, it would not however affect the dynamic range. ie. the range between the shadow and highlight region. Specifically the highlight at its peak. (which seems promising).
01-31-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Amazon is taking pre-orders for the body now.
01-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Amazon is taking pre-orders for the body now.
Lenses....what about lenses....it's useless without lenses...and that black leather case.
Regards!
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Lenses....what about lenses....it's useless without lenses...and that black leather case.
Regards!
I had pre-ordered the lenses a couple of weeks ago. Amazon put them up for pre-order and then took it down 30 minutes later. Good thing I got the order in, the lenses are now $100 each more than what I managed to order them for. Please don't mention the case.......I'm already looking at a lot of bologna/cheese sandwiches.

Also, I do really want to know where the BBQ place is you posted the photo of. I can put down some BBQ. I'm a pork rib person but I'll do beef ribs no problem.
02-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Stanley, Coopers BBQ is perhaps the most famous BBQ place in Texas...and it's not too far from you...over in Llano Texas. Let me know when you want to meet up there and maybe we can get together later in the Spring? Delicious!

Regards!