Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax WG02GPS vs Panasonic DMC-TS3?

I had a look at some reviews and specs and the Panasonic TS3 seems to get the best rating for a compact "tough" camera. I'm particularly interested in underwater use - the Pentax goes deeper, but there's also an optional case for the TS3 which presumably gets it to SCUBA depths. Generally I would only be looking at snorkelling though. I used a Panasonic ZS3 in the past and it was pretty good - I was quite impressed by the colour correction in underwater mode. The other thing about the TS3 which is good with respect to capturing the details of the event is that it also records the altitude or depth underwater as well as the location (presumably the GPS is unlikely to work very far underwater ).

Does anyone have any experience with either the Panasonic or a Pentax tough camera?

04-01-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Wow - 54 views and not one comment. Don't we even have an owner of a WG01?