Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Banned

5D Mark III vs GH2 vs NEX 7 in video mode

QuoteQuote:
In my opinion unless you really need a full frame sensor the GH2 is still the best ‘DSLR’ to do video on.
5D Mark III vs GH2 vs NEX 7 | EOSHD.com

04-02-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No comments in this thread!? Dizzamn.. I wonder how a K-01 would compare =p

I know nothing of video, the Mk2/3, or the GH-2 though - was hoping someone with more knowledge could comment on the validity of this video.
04-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like Andrew Reid's blog. Considering the title "EOSHD" you would think he's some kind of Canon fanboy, but he really does give credit when it's due for the cameras he reviews. Of course, he mainly tackles it from the video standpoint, which I appreciate because there are tons of other resources for still images. In any case, I keep getting surprised when it comes to the GH2's video performance and it's outstanding resolution. It has got to be one of the best "bang for the buck" video ILCs out there and I see prices continuing to drop. I would totally get one of these versus a video camera. Of course, I wouldn't mind a Mark III either, but that's out of my price range.
04-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
No comments in this thread!? Dizzamn.. I wonder how a K-01 would compare =p

I know nothing of video, the Mk2/3, or the GH-2 though - was hoping someone with more knowledge could comment on the validity of this video.
The K-01 is about the same as the Canon and Nikon APS-C DSLRs in video quality but the GH2 is the best DSLR type camera in video mode.