X-Pro1 now available in the US!

Just got this note from B&H:

Fujifilm X-Pro 1 Digital Camera (Body Only) New Item –In stock limited quantity

Fujifilm X-Pro 1 Digital Camera (Body Only) 16225391 B&H Photo

Fujifilm 18mm f/2.0 XF R Lens New Ite –In stock limited quantity

Fujifilm 18mm f/2.0 XF R Lens 16240743 B&H Photo Video

Fujifilm 35mm f/1.4 XF R Lens New Item –In stock limited quantity

Fujifilm 35mm f/1.4 XF R Lens 16240755 B&H Photo Video

Anyone get theirs yet? Do you think a comparison against the K-01 would be worthwhile?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Just got this note from B&H:

Anyone get theirs yet? Do you think a comparison against the K-01 would be worthwhile?
I think if you don't do a rational, point-by-point, reasoned comparison and make a conclusion someone with less integrity will do it - but start with the statement, "The X-Pro 1 beats the K-Zero-1 hands down. Now let's open the X Pro box."
04-03-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Well in a way, it is apples to oranges- DSLR lenses vs dedicated lenses, $1700 vs $750, OVF/EVF vs LCDVF, but I'm sure it could be done. I'm sure the K-01 will win in terms of IQ, knowing how much fuji likes to experiment with pixels layouts.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well in a way, it is apples to oranges- DSLR lenses vs dedicated lenses, $1700 vs $750, OVF/EVF vs LCDVF, but I'm sure it could be done. I'm sure the K-01 will win in terms of IQ, knowing how much fuji likes to experiment with pixels layouts.
To me, these cameras are targeted at two completely different markets. Its like comparing a Canon 5D MkIII to a Pentax Q. People who love the Fuji would hate the K-01 and those who like the K-01 wouldn't dream of spending that much money on the Fuji.

04-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Yes, Fuji has a history of experimenting with pixel layouts. How many cameras has it been now. I lost track.
04-03-2012, 08:53 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
I've decided that we will do a standalone X-pro review, followed by a review of the EM-5, followed by a review of the Nikon D800 vs Canon 5Dmk3, followed by a review of the 645D vs Nikon D800. I'm not sure what the first three have to do with Pentax, but they're all coming!

Adam