Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #91
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stanley...don't sell the D700 until we do that wedding! You may not need it, but it will be nice to have on hand!
Regards!

04-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I don't think you are not their target as much as Fuji is still learning how to make these kinds of cameras. Fuji still needs to learn that in the eyes of most consumers that performance is an attribute of quality, I feel.

The NEX has gone through multiple generations to get where it's at today. And it's turning out to be really nice. I gave it some serious thought. But it didn't look like a speed daemon in the auto focus department either. These camera companies like to give us stuff in baby steps, it seems.
I was pretty impressed with the Nex-5n, and if I'd have kept more of my manual lenses, I would seriously consider it. There was a recent firmware update to improve AF speed, but I don't know how much it did. I might end up with a used one in a year or two for my Cosina 55/1.2.
04-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Stanley...don't sell the D700 until we do that wedding! You may not need it, but it will be nice to have on hand!
Regards!
Don't worry Rupert. I told they guy (he's in Austin) that the earliest I would decided would be after May 18. I'll probably keep it, but I'm sure not using it so it kind of pains me to know it's just sitting there in the closet. Especially the lenses, some of them were pretty expensive. I did end up cheaping out and going with the 80-200 F2.8 instead of the 70-200 F2.8. But that 35, 24, and 24-70 weren't chicken feed.......................

I'll let you use the D700. That thing is a load and a half.
04-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Don't worry Rupert. I told they guy (he's in Austin) that the earliest I would decided would be after May 18. I'll probably keep it, but I'm sure not using it so it kind of pains me to know it's just sitting there in the closet. Especially the lenses, some of them were pretty expensive. I did end up cheaping out and going with the 80-200 F2.8 instead of the 70-200 F2.8. But that 35, 24, and 24-70 weren't chicken feed.......................

I'll let you use the D700. That thing is a load and a half.
Kind of why I didn't sell all that I have and buy the D800. I already draw my wife's ire with a tiny Pentax.

Rupert,

Congrats on finding a second shooter for the wedding.

04-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Kind of why I didn't sell all that I have and buy the D800. I already draw my wife's ire with a tiny Pentax.

Rupert,

Congrats on finding a second shooter for the wedding.
The way I figured it I was going to have to buy a new computer to use the D800..... That was just too much for me. Sure you can downscale it but then why buy a full frame? That said it does look like an amazing camera, but it would be completely wasted on me.
04-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
The way I figured it I was going to have to buy a new computer to use the D800..... That was just too much for me. Sure you can downscale it but then why buy a full frame? That said it does look like an amazing camera, but it would be completely wasted on me.
How old is your computer? Maybe just a memory upgrade. I process 125MB and 500MB scanned DNG negatives on hardware that is a few years old (but with 16GB of memory). Lightroom can bog down on a 500MB file but does okay with 125MB. So 75MB file from a D800 should not be too taxing. And Photoshop does fine with them all.