Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Questions on Wein safe Sync....

Since my safe sync came with zilch directions and I can't seem to find agreeing info online anywhere I have to ask here. I haven't used an external flash much on my K-x but I'd still like to know for future reference. The wein has a battery check button which registers red when I push it. On these is red good or dead? Should it be green for full battery? Red for dead? If it is dead where the heck is the battery in this thing and what does it take? I honestly can't see any opening for a battery. Some sites say there is none, but then if that's true why the battery light and button? I keep thinking there must be a tiny cell battery in here but I'm apparently too dumb to find it sans the instructions. I don't want to go to use it and fry the K-x because a battery is too low but I could use some directions and maybe a pic or two here from someone who has one? I've been meaning to ask this for a while actually. I just never got around to it. I hardly ever use a flash. I infinitely prefer to add more light to my subject in other ways generally speaking. I'm always seeking natural light or using lamps. But it's something I really should know and this is actually my first sync device so...Thanks!

05-03-2012, 03:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Unless they have changed it, the "test button" is for test firing attached strobes.
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ah, okay, it says "batteries" on mine though. It's a little confusing...