Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1

NIkonians help plsss !!!

Hi nikonians !! would you guys mind show me some sample photos taken by nikon d5100/ d7000 which without any Post processing posted on facebook ?? I am asking so because i got to know that nikon taken photos tend to fade in colour intensity so i just wanna how well it can perform with its SOOC photo's color retention. Please!! I promise i won't abuse you privacy, just take a look and leave, that's all. Please help meee !! Thanks !!! (cause i am deciding between canon & nikon)

05-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think you'd be better asking a question like this on either the Camera Enthusiast Camera Forum and Photo News Blog - Camera-Enthusiast.com website or a completely Nikon related site.

Although some of us here do have or have used a Nikon, like the name says, it's mostly Pentax related around here.
05-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

If you are spending the cash to buy a camera at the level of the D7000, then you are wasting your money if all you care about is straight from camera image colour.

Spend the extra cash and get software to batch post process your images. Something like Lightroom. You can create a profile that you apply on image import to all the images at once. If you have a Canon, then you can make the images look Nikon. You can make Nikon images look like Canon images. You can even make Canikon images look like Pentax images.

The lens choices offered by each company, and the camera handling is far more important then straight from camera JPG colour.
05-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As has been said, you may also want to try a forum of Nikonians, not one primarily oriented at Pentaxians.

05-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
Veteran Member

D5100 no processing jpeg - lens 18-55 kit

05-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

D7000 - zero saturation added - only a slight contrast tweak and a bit sharpening - lens 35 1.8G

05-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jpegs posted to facebook will be compressed and resized. The problem is if you are using a different color profile than facebook. Just use sRGB color profile and it should work. Also, buy the Pentax Q, for facebook it is more than good enough and it is also small and cute, unlike a massive DSLR with big lenses and tripod.