Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Death to Canon!

Watch a DSLR get burnt, frozen and run over - for science! - Gadgetbox on msnbc.com

Maybe they should have used a grenade.

05-16-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It was pretty impressive. One tough camera.
05-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hmm. Reminds me of our own "indestructible K-5" thread here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/178068-i-swear-these-thi...tructible.html

Page 4 has a pretty hair-raising frozen K-5 (still worked)..
05-19-2012, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #4
Banned

William Biggart was a photojournalist who lived a few blocks from the World Trade Centre. When he heard the commotion he grabbed his camera and headed to the site. He took several pictures but was killed when one of the towers collapsed. His gear was recovered including some exposed film. His body was found on September 15 in the rubble at ground zero, near the bodies of several firefighters.

Last edited by jogiba; 05-19-2012 at 12:55 PM.
05-19-2012, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Maybe they should have used a grenade.
Kai should have just shown the 7D a printout of it's DXOMark score. That would have killed the camera on the spot.
05-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Kai should have just shown the 7D a printout of it's DXOMark score. That would have killed the camera on the spot.
Damn, and I have been taking pictures with that garbage for two years now. If I'd only known better.

(Seriously, why does every thread involving Canon have some Pentax owner with little man syndrome show up to make these kinds of comments?)
05-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
William Biggart was a photojournalist who lived a few blocks from the World Trade Centre. When he heard the commotion he grabbed his camera and headed to the site. He took several pictures but was killed when one of the towers collapsed. His gear was recovered including some exposed film. His body was found on September 15 in the rubble at ground zero, near the bodies of several firefighters.
Holy moley. That last photo looks like it was his last photo.

Poor fella.

05-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Damn, and I have been taking pictures with that garbage for two years now. If I'd only known better.

(Seriously, why does every thread involving Canon have some Pentax owner with little man syndrome show up to make these kinds of comments?)
Well, considering that, at 66 versus 65, the DXO overall score for the 7D was only marginally better than that of the K20D, which was released eighteen months before, it may not be garbage but their finding suggests it may have been a bit behind the times.

On the other hand, perhaps it was being suggested that DXO isn't the be-all and end-all that some folks seem to think it is. Either way, the benefit of the doubt might have been a more appropriate response. Short people probably get picked on enough without a casual if unintended referential slight.