Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Thom Hogan Reviews X-Pro 1

Fujifilm X-Pro1 | Sans Mirror ? mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras | Thom Hogan

It seems that the X-Pro 1's handling don't live up to it's IQ. It's a very similar complaint I have read regarding the X100.

06-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have had the X100 for quite some time now with the latest firmware updates and as with any system there is no perfection, one just learns to live with it. It works well in some situations and others no so much and this you'll find in every system, well this is what i've read in other brand/format forums, no one is ever 100% satisfied with either their own or another brand/system/format.

This is life as we live it...so that said most X100 users do as such and "live with it" and i'm sure there are X pro 1 users who follow that path too

Adding to this i read on someone's blog recently "Just Robin" and i think he states it quite well, "Don't show me you gear show me your photos".
06-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A lot depends on what (a) you are used to shooting (Thom Hogan likes Nikon gear and that comes across clearly in his review -- it's just not as responsive as the SLRs that he is used to using) and (b) what you like to shoot (really sounds like this camera is best for landscape/more static type stuff.

It does bother me that camera companies don't work with the major companies that have photo editing software. Pentax does and actually uses DNG exclusively, but Fuji has to know that folks who use lightroom are going to continue lightroom and so it would be nice, if they made the files/software play nicer together by working with Adobe (and others) -- giving them files ahead of time and making the software work as well with the image files as possible.

Last edited by Rondec; 06-02-2012 at 04:44 AM.
06-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
It seems that the X-Pro 1's handling don't live up to it's IQ.
So-so handling, with so-so IQ. Everything is matched. The horrible color smearing is not a minor issue: there are no wonders, you can't get FF performance from the K-5's sensor (fuji uses it as well).

06-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
So-so handling, with so-so IQ. Everything is matched. The horrible color smearing is not a minor issue: there are no wonders, you can't get FF performance from the K-5's sensor (fuji uses it as well).
I wouldn't call the IQ so-so. it looks better than the K-5.