Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2012, 05:47 AM   #16
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
But is is pocketable?

Jason
The RX1 is not pocketable because of the fixed Zeiss 35mm F2.0 lens unless you wear clown pants. Here it is compared to my Panasonic ZS20 that is the smallest pocket size super zoom with 24-480mm eqiv optical and 1080p60 HD video. But the RX1 is the ultimate street shooter IMHO.

Last edited by jogiba; 09-19-2012 at 06:06 AM.
09-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
But is is pocketable?

Jason

You'd pocket a $10,000 camera???

I gladly welcome this announcement - anyone wanting to throw their crappy, old, out-dated, gone to the birds, worthless piece of M9 away for the new version - I can dispose of it for you safely.
09-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

A guy in Gizmodo just posted - For the same amount of money you can buy a Fuji, an extra lens, and a nice carrying case, such as a Ford Fiesta.
09-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D4rknezz Quote

A guy in Gizmodo just posted - For the same amount of money you can buy a Fuji, an extra lens, and a nice carrying case, such as a Ford Fiesta.
But a Fuji isn't an M. I've shot over 1000 frames on an M9 - despite all the quirks and foibles, the camera does take great pictures. At the end of the day, that may be all that matters. And I am not implying that Fuji is bad.

And a Ford Fiesta isn't a Mercedes either. Having just come back from Germany, where we were doing 220 km/h on a Mercedes, there is no way I am getting onto the autobahn on a Fiesta. And, no, I did not visit the Leica factory - not that I wasn't tempted, but I didn't have the time.

09-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #20

PK to M adapter

now you got a true full frame mirrorless camera - Leica M, with live view, (M9 no live view);

means, you can get a PK to M adapter, like whose used on GXR m module, to enjoy full frame old manual pentax lens.

also any other SLR lens with adapters, but 8000 usd is pricy, unless Sony gives a another compact mirrorless full frame choices.

09-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sunnycamera Quote
now you got a true full frame mirrorless camera - Leica M, with live view, (M9 no live view);

means, you can get a PK to M adapter, like whose used on GXR m module, to enjoy full frame old manual pentax lens.

also any other SLR lens with adapters, but 8000 usd is pricy, unless Sony gives a another compact mirrorless full frame choices.
Not sure that Leica FF will work well with (D)SLR lenses. Those offset microlenses on the sensor will probably cause problem for non M-mount lenses.
09-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Not sure that Leica FF will work well with (D)SLR lenses. Those offset microlenses on the sensor will probably cause problem for non M-mount lenses.
Their newly designed sensor doesn't have offset microlenses. They used special microlenses with high curvature and very thick color filters to deal with greater angles of incidence without sacrificing long lenses performance. I wonder how efficient their new approach is. Hope it will turn the old CZ Biogon 21/4.5 into stellar performer on digital too.

09-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Their newly designed sensor doesn't have offset microlenses. They used special microlenses with high curvature and very thick color filters to deal with greater angles of incidence without sacrificing long lenses performance. I wonder how efficient their new approach is. Hope it will turn the old CZ Biogon 21/4.5 into stellar performer on digital too.
Thanks, didn't know that. After checking it up, it looks like an interesting design. But I doubt that it is bulletproof, but probably a big improvement from the older sensor in M9.