Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 - Some questions if anyone else has this

I got this lens at a garage sale for $375, apparently its the predecessor of the current 24-70 F/2.8. And I've got to say this lens is amazing, it has an AF-S motor (which I found very surprising considering how old it is) and it takes amazing photos. The auto focus is the fastest I've ever had on any lens.

The only issue I have is the really stiff A/M-M switch which almost ripped my fingernails off when I first tried to move it, if anyone else has this lens is this normal for the switch to be that stiff? Also there is some resistance with the zoom ring at around 35-28mm?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
f/2.8, lens, switch