Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #1

My "new" Nikon F2.

I've been wanting to get one of these for awhile. But was worried about whether any repair technician had a supply of parts and knew how to work on the F2. I found out about Sover Wong in the UK-he's the F2 master. That's all he works on, and has a good supply of parts. So there was no hesitation to buy this one in EX condition from KEH. I also got the non AI 105 f/2.5 lens-KEH only had it in Bargain condition. Tomorrow I go to the park and put a roll of film through it.

Today I went to Houston Camera Exchange and bought a classic styled strap and 2 rolls of HP5.

There's a meter on top of the prism. Inside the viewfinder is a meter just like this one as well as shutter and f/stop info.

10-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That 105 looks well used, but not abused at all. I got a few older lenses in that condition, and have been happy with them as tools for photography. And it is nice to remember buying them at good prices.
10-28-2012, 04:31 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Albums
I'm not sure that I'd trust the Nikon on a Quantaray tripod though. More than a few have been known to break due to fatigue on the type of plastic material.
10-28-2012, 07:40 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Tim60.

About the tripod, I put the F2 on it just to take the photos and it was over carpet. That tripod is normally used to support flashes. I was using the Manfrotto on the camera that took the pics.