Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D800 + Accessories = $2796

Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only) 25480 B&H Photo Video

I missed this earlier, but it's another awesome deal!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Definitely eyebrow-raising.
12-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There's a bit of possible dissonance here, so I wonder what their strategy is. If a camera is selling as well as this one is supposed to be, it makes little sense on its own to reduce prices. We can be sure that the body is as good as is widely asserted so the only thing that makes sense is that they've either written off their development costs early, or they're foregoing profit to dominate the market.

This assumes that their sales figures are real sales, and not just Samsung-like shipments, of course.

Before the prophets of Pentax apocalypse hijack this thread, it must be said that Nikon is also doing the heavy lifting for players other than Canon. More sales of this sensor means greater economies of scale for other users, for a start.

Canon is the manufacturer with the most to lose here, and I suspect they're the reason for this.

And, no, I won't be buying an 800/E. I have enough trouble lifting my K-5 gear, let alone storing its files.
12-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Canon wins over Nikon when it comes to speed, so I think Nikon is really trying hard to but this camera in the hands of photographers, and I'm pretty sure it's working like a charm.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: