Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
If Pentax give me $316 I might consider getting one, but I see K-01 more of a DSLR where they forgot to add OVF.
If they did want to sell me a MILC, that'd be a need. If they wanted to just stick a finder on the rest of a K-01, it looks like a more rangefinderey finder placement would fit better, but there are advantages to the classic SLR style, especially when the rest of the camera's shaped that way. Certain useful postures, ease of judging angles from above the centerline of the lens, quicker pointing and tracking with long lenses for the same reason.

Kind of why I like the mini-SLR shape of my old bridge camera. I also like other shapes, mind you. I think if I had to have a 4/3rds I might want that OM-D. But also think that if Pentax wanted to make a MILC with a finder, especially with K-mount, they could do worse than make it MX-shaped in a similar way to what Olympus did here.