Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Opinions on the Omega Rapid

I have an opportunity to pick up an Omega Rapid (I don't know if its the M / 100 / 200 yet) at a very reasonably price. Does anybody have any experience with this camera? I've never tries MF shooting, but I'd like to try and the price is good enough that I could resell it without a loss pretty easily.

Thanks in advance.

01-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gareth.Ig Quote
I have an opportunity to pick up an Omega Rapid (I don't know if its the M / 100 / 200 yet) at a very reasonably price. Does anybody have any experience with this camera? I've never tries MF shooting, but I'd like to try and the price is good enough that I could resell it without a loss pretty easily.

Thanks in advance.
They're pretty good, if I recall. Let me see if I can refresh some decades old memory here... (googling) Ah, yes, with the film-advance moosher that-goes-kachink thing on there.

As I recall, they're nowhere near as unwieldy as they may appear. (They're kind of some bulk to cary around, though) And generally fun. I suppose I encourage this course of action.

I'm not sure what I may have heard about how they have held up over time. If it's a kind without interchangeable backs, I might tend to think that means there's less to go wrong with seals and attachment points. You know much about rangefinders/press cameras, etc?