Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2013, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes we are! But you can get a little relief at B&H or Adorama where you can now pre-order the X100S or the X20! Maybe this time next month I can fondle my new X20 in the privacy of my own home! Photos are nice, but we all know they aren't the same as a nice solid body in your hands!

Regards!

01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I can fondle my new X20 in the privacy of my own home!

Regards!
How old is that camera?
01-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, it's old enough to leave home and comes with a Fuji I.D.....and you can be sure I will be gentle with it!

Regards!
01-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The AF of the new X100s looks very good. When Fuji implements these into the XP and XE line they will have very strong cameras. I keep telling myself to hold out for a FF EVIL, but it appears Sony will be the first and Sony has a way a screw up good cameras. If Fuji can match Olympus AF speed and has fixed added their version of focus peaking then I might just have to buy the XE-2 when it comes out and the 14mm & 35mm lenses. Then wait for their 54mm. I wish Fuji would produce WR bodies and lenses.

03-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I used the Fuji X10 for the first time yesterday. Love the retro look and the photos turned out well. After three hours of experimenting with settings, I decided to keep the camera on EXR because Fuji has given the camera control instead of letting me decide what I want. The Lumix ZS15 is a better P&S for me. Good photos and I still have control of the shot.
03-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grainbelt Quote
I do quite enjoy my X10, and I see the X series cameras as a real honest effort at capturing the enthusiast in a way that is simultaneously traditional and groundbreaking.

Then I look at the somewhat pathetic effort Pentax put forth in the MX-1 and see Fuji as perhaps this decade's answer to the disgruntled luddite, much as Pentax tried to be last time thru.
But for all the people complaining about Fuji's retro styling are ignoring a fairly large point: Fuji's innovating, and fairly aggressively too.

Call the retro styled X100 'lightning in a bottle'- Fuji stumbled on to a good formula. Only really they didn't. They did what no one else thought to do, which is go back to a relatively dead rangefinder technology, that pretty much everyone except outside of Leica and Cosina had given up on (and those guys were just iterating established technology) and see if they could actually make it work better. When they did (and keep in mind Fuji went from non-functional design mule to released product pretty quickly), and it was successful, Fuji could have had a nice little business cranking out slightly upgraded X100's for years. Instead, they threw out a couple of scaled down models. Then they responded to customer demand with an interchangeable lens model, with a roadmap of a pretty decent lineup of new lens that placed a priority on high spec primes. And they threw in a new sensor CFA. And before the dust cleared on that, they released another, cheaper model. Keep in mind, they're fixing stuff via firmware this entire time. And then, they finally went back and rolled up everything into the X100s, that apparently addressing almost all the shortcomings of all the previous models.

Fuji is a big company running with the loop speed and aggressiveness of a startup (and, to be fair, a lot of the same issues).

QuoteQuote:
As all the fans poured out of every bar they were singing, and chanting, and lighting flares. I was caught in a mob of thousands of people and not once… not for a single frame… did I wish I had another camera with me. Not once did I curse my little x100s. It did what I needed it to do. In the middle of all of this it clicked in my brain.

Fuji is the new Leica.
Galatasaray Bests Schalke :: Fuji x100s Bests Leica

It makes me sad in a way, because this is what a smarter Pentax could have done.