Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Fujifilm X100s and X20

Fujifilm is focused advanced P&S for now

01-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax should have done with the K-5 IIs what Fuji did with the X100s: addressed its predecessor's shortcomings. The X100s looks like it will be a killer camera with that new processor and improved EVF.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Pentax should have done with the K-5 IIs what Fuji did with the X100s: addressed its predecessor's shortcomings. The X100s looks like it will be a killer camera with that new processor and improved EVF.
If the improved EVF, processor, and AF trickle down to the X-Pro 2 and XE-2, it will make two excellent cameras pretty much perfect.
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Got to have the X20 in silver......just have to have it, no doubt about it! Some pretty neat improvements too with the viewfinder and the new sensor. I can hardly wait!
My little X10 has brought me a ton of joy and satisfaction, and Fuji has not let me down with their continued trend in making some fine and unusual X cameras with solid little bodies that scream good craftsmanship.
Regards!

01-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Got to have the X20 in silver......just have to have it, no doubt about it! Some pretty neat improvements too with the viewfinder and the new sensor. I can hardly wait!
My little X10 has brought me a ton of joy and satisfaction, and Fuji has not let me down with their continued trend in making some fine and unusual X cameras with solid little bodies that scream good craftsmanship.
Regards!
It looks like such a sweet camera. If the X-Pro 2 has all the improvements that Fuji is pumping into the new cameras, man... I'm going to turn into a screaming 13 year old girl at a Justin Beiber concert when they announce it.
01-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Pentaxian

It is interesting what improvements they implement. The X100s looks like it still has the same crummy lens cap that falls off and the filter hack of an afterthought. Did they ever think you would want to keep your filter on and put on a lens cap? I guess not.

But bear in mind that X-Trans sensor still means a problematic RAW workflow of your choice.
01-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
But bear in mind that X-Trans sensor still means a problematic RAW workflow of your choice.
That is my biggest concern with buying either of these cameras. How have you gotten around it, Tuco? JPEG only? RPP?

01-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Got to have the X20 in silver......just have to have it, no doubt about it! Regards!
I have to agree
01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
That is my biggest concern with buying either of these cameras. How have you gotten around it, Tuco? JPEG only? RPP?
No. I still use Lightroom and deal with color bleeding when it pops up on a case-by-case basis. It is not too common but every now and then it's a "gotcha".
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Does anyone remember this?

Fujifilm aims to be world No. 3 in cameras | Reuters

It certainly looks like they are determined.
01-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am interested in the split image focus feature as an alternative to focus peaking. Video link below

01-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I do quite enjoy my X10, and I see the X series cameras as a real honest effort at capturing the enthusiast in a way that is simultaneously traditional and groundbreaking.

Then I look at the somewhat pathetic effort Pentax put forth in the MX-1 and see Fuji as perhaps this decade's answer to the disgruntled luddite, much as Pentax tried to be last time thru.
01-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
Banned

Hopefully no orbing in this iteration of the X20.
01-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'm lusting real bad for the X20, I've looked at all the XXX photos of it online but need to actually hold it. Anyone have any idea when it will be available for "Immediate Shipment"? The drooling is getting heavy here, but I'm trying to remain calm.

Regards!
01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I'm lusting real bad for the X20, I've looked at all the XXX photos of it online but need to actually hold it. Anyone have any idea when it will be available for "Immediate Shipment"? The drooling is getting heavy here, but I'm trying to remain calm.

Regards!
We men are such pigs!