Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Dust Donut -for Canon

Came across this today for Canon shooters. Thought you might be interested.

Dust Donut? Add a weather seal to the mount of any DSLR Lens by Tyler Sterbentz — Kickstarter

01-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Zav
Pentaxian

If the rest of the lens is not weather resistant, is it really so useful?
01-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I guess the answer is in the question
01-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
If the rest of the lens is not weather resistant, is it really so useful?
Assuming it works, it can't hurt to have one less point of vulnerability that way. It obviously won't mean you can be indifferent to other spots where a camera or lens isn't weather-sealed, but it'd be handy enough for some of us. I don't own a single weathersealed lens and never have, but do enjoy not having to worry about the camera body itself. It means I can more or less treat the camera like a non-computerized one, and the lens mount would be the next biggest vulnerability there.

So no, it wouldn't make your lens weathersealed, but could be a lot better than nothing.

01-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

As others have said, it seems a little odd to just add a weathersealed ring and not have a weathersealed lens. It could lead to misconceptions of how weathersealing actually works.

I would love to have it for the dust protection, at the very least. I wouldn't get one thinking I could go into the rain.