Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cyberex Quote
And I can use some M42 lenses via adapter on Nikon ?
You will not get infinity focus with a glassless adapter. And I have no clue whether there are any non-Chinese glassed adapters.

02-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
You will not get infinity focus with a glassless adapter. And I have no clue whether there are any non-Chinese glassed adapters.
Sad I think about old Planar or Sonar... New one is too expensive. New CZ T* for Nikon not support AF, am I right ?
02-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nikon's 2.8 zooms are heavy and expensive, so you might consider what you're shooting and you might be fine with the f/4 zooms.

24-120 f/4 is currently $300 off, so that's looking like a good buy, though I usually think that lens is overpriced (esp. compared to the value/performance of the Canon EF 24-105L). The Nikkor 70-200 f/4 VR is getting some great reviews, though it's pretty new and you're paying that new to the market price.

Personally, I decided on the following for my landscape/outdoor work (haven't picked them all up yet...saving...):

Tokina 16-28 f/2.8
Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 (I use this the most so I wanted the best edge to edge sharpness)
Nikkor 50 1.8D (or G)
Nikkor 70-200 f/4

Might add the Samyang 14mm and 85 1.8G too at some point.
02-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #19

Original Poster
Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by sb in ak Quote
Nikkor 24-70 f/2.8 (I use this the most so I wanted the best edge to edge sharpness)
Nikkor 70-200 f/4
Can I look some your shots from this 24-70 and 70-200, if its present in the internet ?

What you can say about 24-70? Pros and cons ? How this lens feel on counter light (for example, sun directly into lens), is contrast much drop down ?
(sorry for my Eng.)

Last edited by Cyberex; 02-21-2013 at 03:02 AM.
02-21-2013, 03:12 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Actually, right now I just have the 24-70. Picking up a 50 soon with the rebates and adding the others as I save up.

Pros: Very sharp, good build quality (mostly metal and glass), decent out of focus rendering, fast AF. Muscle workout from lifting it.

Cons: The mostly metal build and lots of glass make it pretty big and heavy. Expensive. No VR. I find myself using the tripod more and more now that I have the D800 to get the best image (well, that isn't really a con--this just forces me to improve my shooting technique).

I got mine refurbished, though with the current rebates, I think I'd opt for a new one for the 5 year warranty.

Not sure how useful this is, but shot this a while back with the D800/ 24-70 2.8G using a tripod at 24mm. If I remember right, it was f/5.6, ISO 100 for 13 sec or something along those lines. Cropped a little off the top and some processing in LR4.

There are also a ton of shots from myself and other folks using the 24-70 in the Full Frame Shots and Thoughts thread.

Last edited by sb in ak; 02-21-2013 at 03:19 AM.
02-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #21

Original Poster
How can handle dust on sensor in Nikon D600 ? Exist any solutions ?

And what a good macro lensfor Nikon in low price ? I can use even non AF lens... Its just for a couple shots per year
02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
Veteran Member

And what a good macro lensfor Nikon in low price ? I can use even non AF lens... Its just for a couple shots per year
For dust, I'd recommend running the camera's self cleaning mode and then blow onto the sensor with a rocket blower (camera body turned upside down). If you still have dust/oil, clean it with Photosol's sensor swabs and eclipse (there are some youtube videos that show how to do this).
02-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #23
Pentaxian

I'd say it is a good idea for any DSLR owner to eventually own a wet cleaning kit regardless of brand.

We all approach and have different priorities with our camera. From my point of view and experience with the D600 so far it is not the body construction or the oil/dust issue that I find significant. It is the crippled features and the narrow focus points to support DX that I would advise any person to evaluate first. If that is acceptable then look at the other things; otherwise, you can quickly move on and look at other cameras.

I'll add if you like primes and need to keep costs down, some of the AF-D line of lenses have a pretty good bang for your buck. The D600 can correct some of the CA that D lenses can sometimes have.

02-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #24

Original Poster
For dust, I'd recommend running the camera's self cleaning
I'm want to say about only D600 issue, when on sensor drops many dust when camera is new and just make 1000 shots (without lens change)... Its only with D600. Saw few videos about that... Maybe Nikon fix this issue in new cameras ?

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
narrow focus points
I know and its really disappointing me... But I'll try to work with it, and maybe in future change body.

Thanks for advice!

Last edited by Cyberex; 02-21-2013 at 04:05 PM.