Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Canon have always been behind in sensors, at least in APS-C. When I bought my K200D (just after it was discontinued) I remember being surprised that it was rated the best APS-C sensor on the market aside from the one in the Nikon D90. It was ahead of all the Canon sensors, even in the pro APS-C bodies. I think if you check now you'll find something similar when compared to newer sensors from Sony, and maybe others.

However, the big problem with Canon is the very poor build quality for the money you pay.
k200d had a ccd sensor the last one from pentax (aps) I think? that was a beautiful sensor and a great camera...something those phaseone backs remind me of.

03-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Want to know the biggest difference between this camera and the K-x?

It will be in every B&M camera outlet in the world a couple of weeks after release. I won't have to drive an hour and a half to touch one. It will have more modern lenses available. It will have a modern flash system available. And it will have a clear upgrade path.

Really, even if it's complete crap, when you're the 800 lbs gorilla, you can get away with releasing crap. In fact, you very well could sell a few million units of crap. And odds are, it's not crap. I mean, they probably won't sell it in a range of wacky colors, but even so, it probably will take decent pictures for the soccer moms and dads that are it's target market.
03-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #48
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't see any sense to make so light and small DSLR. It's EVIL's zone.

Old K-x is just a bit bigger. By the way.
03-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #49
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Canon have always been behind in sensors, at least in APS-C. When I bought my K200D (just after it was discontinued) I remember being surprised that it was rated the best APS-C sensor on the market aside from the one in the Nikon D90. It was ahead of all the Canon sensors, even in the pro APS-C bodies. I think if you check now you'll find something similar when compared to newer sensors from Sony, and maybe others.

However, the big problem with Canon is the very poor build quality for the money you pay.
thee K200D sensor was great indeed. It was the last version of the sensor seen in K10D, D80 and D200. I loved it in K10D and I don't think Pentax had camera with better sensor until K-5IIs came out.

as far as the build quality goes, these cameras are meant to last a year, maybe 2 then they want you to buy the newer and better anyway, so why bother...

03-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Wow, t5i has articulated screen thats offers touch screen control too.

I look foward to these two features moving upstream in full frame format from either Canon or Nikon.

I think this is first interchangeable lens Canon camera with touch screen.

Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera (Body Only) 8595B001 B&H Photo

Looks like it's direct competition against Panasonic's EVIL cameras.

Last edited by Samsungian; 03-22-2013 at 06:19 AM.
03-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Wow, t5i has articulated screen thats offers touch screen control too.

I look foward to these two features moving upstream in full frame format.

I think this is first interchangeable lens Canon camera with touch screen.

Canon EOS Rebel T5i DSLR Camera (Body Only) 8595B001 B&H Photo

Looks like direct competition against Panasonic's cameras.
Nope, the previous version already had a touchscreen.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-650d-rebel-t4i
03-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #52
Veteran Member

I had no idea Canon already offered touchscreen dslr.

Thanks !

QuoteOriginally posted by junyo Quote
Nope, the previous version already had a touchscreen.
Canon EOS 650D/Rebel T4i In-Depth Review: Digital Photography Review

03-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Old K-x is just a bit bigger. By the way.
The K-x looks better And is still just about identical in overall size.

Also note how the Canon has practically no grip, making it almost impossible to hold in one hand and operate one handed, unlike the K-x. Not very good design.
03-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'll stick to my k-30

Canon SL1 vs Pentax K-30 - Our Analysis

Last edited by Pepe Le Pew; 04-14-2013 at 02:12 PM.