Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2015, 08:22 AM - 3 Likes   #796
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,248


02-02-2016, 01:27 AM - 2 Likes   #797
Pentaxian
hoopsontoast's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Oxfordshire
Posts: 856
Just got my DP3M back from a long term loan, its still my go-to camera for Product/Close-Up shots:


02-02-2016, 07:55 PM - 3 Likes   #798
Pentaxian
ivoire's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chicago burbs
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,381
02-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #799
Pentaxian
ivoire's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chicago burbs
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,381


02-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #800
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,321
QuoteOriginally posted by hoopsontoast Quote
Just got my DP3M back from a long term loan, its still my go-to camera for Product/Close-Up shots:


Great camera, great watch!
02-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #801
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,432
Hey guys, anyone picked up a DP0 Quattro? It seems like ultra wide is a great nitch for a matched mirrorless lens/sensor pairing. I'm considering picking one up instead of a Samyang 14 for the K-1.
02-25-2016, 03:37 AM   #802
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,248
QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
Hey guys, anyone picked up a DP0 Quattro? It seems like ultra wide is a great nitch for a matched mirrorless lens/sensor pairing. I'm considering picking one up instead of a Samyang 14 for the K-1.
No but I am very tempted by the thought of the ultra-wide lens and the available 21:9 aspect ratio. Seems like a great panoramic landscape camera. I am concerned about the size of the lens poking out. Looks pretty unwieldy.

02-25-2016, 05:46 AM   #803
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,432
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Bassie Quote
No but I am very tempted by the thought of the ultra-wide lens and the available 21:9 aspect ratio. Seems like a great panoramic landscape camera. I am concerned about the size of the lens poking out. Looks pretty unwieldy.
Ha yeah, it looks like the designers were trying to minimize volume of the camera, while maximizing volume of the space you need to store it.
03-02-2016, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #804
Veteran Member
Colorado CJ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,403
I got a new (to me) Merrill DP2 this weekend.

I shot a couple of photos after work yesterday to test the camera out. The sky was setting up to have a nice sunset, but heavy clouds over the mountains didn't let the sunset have the colors I was hoping for.

Anyway here are a couple. I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about with these Foveon sensors! I'm already seeing close to what I get out of large format Velvia with this camera. Even though this wasn't the greatest sunset, I still got some nice colors. The detail and color gradation in the full size image is outstanding. This web-based size really doesn't do the sensor justice.



And here is a B&W conversion. I can see I'll be shooting a lot of B&W with this camera as well. It really looks film-like to me, especially at higher ISO's.




As a large format and medium format film shooter, the workflow and shooting at low ISO's is a normal thing for me. I've had Pentax DLSRs and have a D600, but still prefered to shoot with large format film, both B&W and slide film. Now, with this camera, I am finally starting to get the color depth and detail that I've been missing with all my other DLSR's. I'll still shoot large format film, but I think the DP2 Merrill will take the place of all my medium format gear.
03-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #805
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 370
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
I got a new (to me) Merrill DP2 this weekend.

I shot a couple of photos after work yesterday to test the camera out. The sky was setting up to have a nice sunset, but heavy clouds over the mountains didn't let the sunset have the colors I was hoping for.

Anyway here are a couple. I'm starting to see what all the fuss is about with these Foveon sensors! I'm already seeing close to what I get out of large format Velvia with this camera. Even though this wasn't the greatest sunset, I still got some nice colors. The detail and color gradation in the full size image is outstanding. This web-based size really doesn't do the sensor justice.



And here is a B&W conversion. I can see I'll be shooting a lot of B&W with this camera as well. It really looks film-like to me, especially at higher ISO's.




As a large format and medium format film shooter, the workflow and shooting at low ISO's is a normal thing for me. I've had Pentax DLSRs and have a D600, but still prefered to shoot with large format film, both B&W and slide film. Now, with this camera, I am finally starting to get the color depth and detail that I've been missing with all my other DLSR's. I'll still shoot large format film, but I think the DP2 Merrill will take the place of all my medium format gear.
I have both a DP2M and an SD1M which is an awesome BW camera. You will not be disappointed.
03-25-2016, 10:21 PM - 2 Likes   #806
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,321
It's been ages since I took my DP 2 with me.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SIGMA DP2 Merrill  Photo 
04-07-2016, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #807
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 370


DP2M ... don't you love the way clouds are rendered by the Sigma!

---------- Post added 04-07-16 at 12:22 PM ----------



SD1M with Zeiss 28/2
04-07-2016, 03:12 PM - 4 Likes   #808
Veteran Member
Colorado CJ's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Colorado
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,403
I LOVE this camera as a B&W Camera

"Fenceline"

04-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #809
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,321
QuoteOriginally posted by Colorado CJ Quote
I LOVE this camera as a B&W Camera

"Fenceline"

Me too!
04-22-2016, 06:42 PM   #810
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,321
A few shots from a recent visit to Westerly RI to visit my parents.

Last edited by jva59; 04-22-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
30mm, auto, camera, contest, dp2, dp2m, faststone, fixed-lens, flickr, focus, foveon, gimp, image, images, india, lens, lightroom, look, merrill, photo, pm, post, sd1, sensor, shots, sigma, tate, textures, thanks, trip
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Foveon sensor slackercruster Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 18 07-20-2012 01:39 PM
New Sigma DP1 and DP2 Merrill with the same 46MP Foveon X3 sensor from the Sigma SD1 UdonUdon Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 29 02-20-2012 12:30 PM
The Foveon X3 Sensor techmulla Pentax News and Rumors 155 07-10-2011 06:14 PM
Question for Sigma/Foveon.... JohnBee Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 23 06-27-2011 04:56 AM
Misc Which one do you like?--unfiltered or filtered. charliezap Post Your Photos! 8 06-15-2011 04:32 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top