Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
I would consider any brand - it seems silly to limit oneself before even looking and I have no "sympathy" for any brand much like I have no sympathy for different car manufacturers.

On the other hand, I have no reason to even think about moving away as my K-5 is performing well, the K-5 IIs (or a potential successor) seems a worthy upgrade, my lenses all seem quite what I need/want in terms of IQ/reach.
You are right. Brand loyalty sends out wrong signals and the manufacturer could think that they are the best with no equal. But in fact all it means is that they met expectation.

06-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #122

I would be crazy to move away....but if some money moved into my hands....I really like that Fuji Xe
06-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I actually have shot with Pentax, Nikon & Canon DSLRs lately, and have generally settled on a D800. It's honestly too expensive of a camera for my budget, but since photography is my main love in life right now, I went for the gold. But to be honest, though the files are generally very good, I'm dissapointed with it in a few ways. To be honest, Nikon quality control isn't that great--I've had several issues with Nikon equipment vs. no issues with the 5D II and EF lenses I used to own. Plus, the D800 just isn't that comfortable to hold. I miss Canon lens prices--Canon seems to have much better sales.

Perhaps it's just user error, but I find that I don't like the color rendition of the Nikon files vs. Canon or Pentax.

I also love the K5--great camera. Comfortable, even for my big hands. Better build than the D800.

I guess what I'm saying is that I generally like Canon, even if their sensors are a little behind. I love the K5 too, though I'm sometimes frustrated by their lens selection and lack of FF upgradability. If I did it again, I might go for the 5D3 or I might just sell my 800 if and when Pentax comes out with a FF.