Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #16
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Looks like you are right. This link references an article where they claimed the lenses would work, but they retracted the claims and updated it after I read it the first time. I've never actually held one before, so I haven't seen the mount. Looks like APS-H is the best they could do(if they were so inclined.).

Fuji may go Full Frame mirrorless? | Mirrorless Rumors
Could we have that sensor for Pentax?

05-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I stand corrected these are AF lenses and they will focus by wire...ugh I'll stick to my Leica M lenses and Takumars thank you.
You really don't want to manual focus on some of these Fuji's anyway (eg X100/XP1). It's far more convenient to just point it at where you want the focus to be and push the button to lock it there. You'd have taken the picture already by time you messed around with manual focus on a X100/ XP1 anyway.
05-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Could we have that sensor for Pentax?
No, because de-mosaicing is a pain. Secondly the blue/red channels are even more interpolated than they are already on bayer sensors, I would rather run the risk of moire than have to deal with even less information in the blue/red channels than what I am already getting.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
It's far more convenient to just point it at where you want the focus to be and push the button to lock it there. You'd have taken the picture already by time you messed around with manual focus on a X100/ XP1 anyway.
Noted, I was kind of hoping the Zeiss lenses would have an actual helicoid like the classic zeiss/Voigtlander SLR lenses did.
05-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
Banned

No, because de-mosaicing is a pain. Secondly the blue/red channels are even more interpolated than they are already on bayer sensors, I would rather run the risk of moire than have to deal with even less information in the blue/red channels than what I am already getting.
I was wondering about the red-channel. But an aps-H sensor would be okay

05-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Objetivos Carl Zeiss Touit para CSC ? Prueba técnica - DSLR Magazine
05-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Noted, I was kind of hoping the Zeiss lenses would have an actual helicoid like the classic zeiss/Voigtlander SLR lenses did.
Well, you can always just use a nice old fashioned MF lens on the camera. I do, and it works fine. Hoping the low end body has the focus peaking and the pseudo-microprism.