Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #1

Sony nex e-mount to canon???

Hi,

I'm interesting in purchasing the sony nex 6 and some sony pancake lenses, I already have a Canon DSLR. Does anyone know where I could find an E-mount to EOS adapter?? I really can't find any! I can only find the opposite :/

Thanks!
Nicole

05-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The flange focal distance of the Canon EF mount is longer than the flange focal distance of the Sony E mount. The only way infinity focus could be maintained is to add optical elements to the converter. It would act like a teleconverter. Sony E mount lenses are all focus by wire anyway so there would be no way to focus the lens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flange_focal_distance

Going the other way, there are indeed adapters to mount an EF lens on a Nex, but there is no way to control the aperture. You are limited to the last aperture used on a Canon camera.

Last edited by boriscleto; 05-07-2013 at 03:02 PM.
05-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There are EOS to NEX adapters with their own aperture blades and there are even adapters that will autofocus with late model EOS lenses and allow you to control the aperture in camera. The AF is notably slow. Metabones even sells an adapter with a focal reducer that gives nearly the full frame FOV on a NEX camera along with AF, EXIF and aperture control. It's supposedly pretty darn good too(AF still slow).

These don't work with EF-S lenses.

Metabones® - Home

Cheaper(aperture blade version)
http://www.amazon.com/EzFoto-E-Mount-NEX-VG10-NEX-VG20camera-aperture/dp/B00...rds=eos+to+nex

Last edited by kenafein; 05-07-2013 at 04:04 PM.
05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #4
MJL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
E lens to dSLR?

Unless you are somehow able to mount the E-mount Zeiss lenses onto EOS, I do not see any IQ advantage in doing so. The Sony E lenses are heavily software driven & corrected, they yield best IQ only on NEX cameras which can PP the image accordingly. All viewable images from Sony E lenses even in RAW are already manipulated (mainly CA) to look their best. Other cameras cannot correct the shortfalls of any E lenses.