Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Do you really think about the software in the camera when taking pictures? Do you also think about the complex mechanical design of MX when you use it?
Hmm, I've never owned a MX....my mechanical camera heritage is the OM system, and yes, when using the OM-1 I do marvel over how the designer managed to fit that much and that advanced camera into such a small package, at the time when microchips and electronics was in its infancy, and everything had to be done by complex mechanical gear.

An engineer by training, I really appreciate how the mechanical camera designers were wizards: those guys couldn't get away with sloppy design, to be fixed by the issue of a later firmware release to fix a slightly offset gear, or the tension on a solenoid ....

But, to answer the core of your question: I don't really care what software a widget runs, as long as said software stays out of my way when using said widget

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
android, camera, device, event, galaxy, june, mirrorless, nx, product, samsung