Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I just bought one. I was on the fence too, but Metabones is stalling. Who knows when they'll have one for K-mount(or FD, or AI, or MD) and it will be $400. I think it will work quite well for the excellent portraits I've seen from you in the past, but it might be an issue for landscapes. At $166, shipped, I can live with some limitations. I did read that first link of yours, previously, and it did give me pause;but I've been pretty happy with the samples I've seen from several sources. When Metabones' version comes out, I might sell the lens turbo and get one. I doubt I'll lose more than $20-40. What I'd really like to see is Metabones make one universal adapter. Say a 38mm adapter, with modular adapters to fit several mounts.
Thanks Brent!! I also ordered one, will post once I receive it .

06-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It seems like I won't be able to use DA lenses on Lens turbo, DA40 xs would have been a perfect combo. Hope I am wrong.
07-07-2013, 01:39 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Unfortunately you're not wrong, Yusuf.
07-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Unfortunately you're not wrong, Yusuf.
Sad, so one possible way is to use something on aperture lever to keep it wide open before mounting ?

07-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yusuf Quote
Sad, so one possible way is to use something on aperture lever to keep it wide open before mounting ?
You could solder or glue a lever on the Lens Turbo mount so that it keeps the aperture lever on the lens pushed while mounted. If you look at the mount on your this DSLR youŽll finde the exact position of this lever relative to the mount. The trick is to replicate such a thing on the Lens Turbo mount, but totally doable.
07-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Today received Lens Turbo, couldn't get enough time to play with it but here are some quick shots with LT & M50 / K55

First shot is with LT+M50 f1.7 and rest three are with LT+K55 f1.8

M50 @f1.7

K55 @f1.8

K55@f1.8

K55@f2.8

Looks great to me - what do you think?
07-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My FD version came today, I haven't had a chance to really test it yet. At first I thought it was defective. You have to be very careful how you mount it, or the aperture will not work. The cheap adapters usually have an open/lock mechanism to make it easier to mount.

07-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
My FD version came today, I haven't had a chance to really test it yet. At first I thought it was defective. You have to be very careful how you mount it, or the aperture will not work. The cheap adapters usually have an open/lock mechanism to make it easier to mount.
I read somewhere that you need to mount it wide open for Canon (I have no idea about Canon lenses though). I got the Pentax version and it does not have such issue, except a bit tight to mount the lens but now it's ok after I mounted-removed a few times. I just wish it had open-close mechanism.