Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
yes, the 1Dx i must admit is a monster but on a positive note "the green definitely ISN'T greener on the other side" *lol*

thanks everyone for advice and support ...

08-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm sure it will get straightened out and unlike CRIS, they'll have the parts in stock if needed.
08-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
*update*, i got this in my email today and it's a lot better, hopefully it stays that way as i'll be out of town for a few days.

08-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had nothing but good service from canon N.J. and usually about a week total. Bad service from Pentax US is why I had to get a canon.

08-07-2013, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

All Camera brands have issues. I moved to Canon about 2-1/2 years ago and have yet to have a single QC issue. I have both the 60D and 5D Mk2.

What caused me to make the move to Canon was the Pentax K7. At one point in time, I had three K7 bodies because one or two of them were constantly in the shop, That, along with the issues with the DA* 50-135 and DA* 16-50, was just too much for me.

It's my understanding that the K5 did not have the QC issues of the K7 and that Pentax has fixed the problems with the DA* lens.

Hopefully, the dealer from which you purchased the Mk3 will simply replace it and move on.

Ed

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
My 5D3 which i've only used for ~300 shots has just died!

I got the "ERR 80" then it went "KAPUT", i should have stayed with Pentax

Hopefully i don't get the run around when i take it in....in all my years shooting on auto, this is the first time i can think off that a camera died on me

*before anyone asks, YES, i did try it in manual and still nada*

luckily i just finished some tiling so right now, i'm "emotionless" after a good nights sleep, i'll be cussing early in the morning!
08-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just as the K-5 had its sensor stains and the Nikon D600 went through its issues. I don't believe any brand is without problems from time-to-time. In the world of modern electronics where it can be assumed that these issues will happen, I guess the bigger question is how the company takes care of the issue (do they have your back when something does go wrong?)

Of course, you could probably do a google search and find both good and bad experiences from any camera company... so maybe it's just luck?
08-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Let's see what the issue was now, if it was noted in detail?!?

08-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Okay got it back today and all is working so far from my brief testing.

They changed the main board, power and connector to the SD slot? I've never used the SD slot, this is my interpretation of the parts listed as changed.

30 day warranty on parts and labour for repairs

I suspect this isn't an isolated case and this is a manufacturing defect on perhaps batches of these boards?

I'm really hesitant to add another 1Dx because of this, i'll see what this new 7D2 is all about and then decide to add or switch over to Nikon Pro spec'd bodies.

This wouldn't have bothered me if i had maybe like 60,000+ actuations on it but under 100 on both and one failure!!!!

...but for now i'm just happy it's working again.