Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Thinking of picking up a GH3 but want to use my Pentax glass

Quite interested in snagging a GH3 body for video but would really like to use my lovely Pentax primes. Do you guys have any specific recommendations as far as which adapter to get? There is a very pricey Voigtlander adapter that runs for about $180 but I haven't seen any reviews on it anywhere. I'd be willing to consider that one if it's really worth it. I know there are much cheaper options out there but I also know that you often get what you pay for so any guidance in this area would be much appreciated.

09-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
usually, the cheap adapter on evilbay are good. Don't need to spend 180$ for just a piece of plastique with a pair of mount on it. It's basically juste a type of "extension tube"
09-04-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Quite interested in snagging a GH3 body for video but would really like to use my lovely Pentax primes. Do you guys have any specific recommendations as far as which adapter to get? There is a very pricey Voigtlander adapter that runs for about $180 but I haven't seen any reviews on it anywhere. I'd be willing to consider that one if it's really worth it. I know there are much cheaper options out there but I also know that you often get what you pay for so any guidance in this area would be much appreciated.

Take a look at this:

Pentax PK K lens to MFT Micro 4/3 Camera adapter - RainbowImaging

I have this adapter, and it works well with my Pentax glass. Build quality is also good.
09-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Take a look at this:

I have this adapter, and it works well with my Pentax glass. Build quality is also good.
Forgot to mention, that I use the adapter on a GH2.

09-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Does the GH3 have focus peaking in its Live View screen?
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
usually, the cheap adapter on evilbay are good. Don't need to spend 180$ for just a piece of plastique with a pair of mount on it. It's basically juste a type of "extension tube"
Take a look at this:

Forgot to mention, that I use the adapter on a GH2.
Thanks guys! Other than the name I wonder why Voigtlander thinks they can charge so much for an adapter?
09-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Does the GH3 have focus peaking in its Live View screen?
I do not believe so. Supposedly everyone's waiting for that particular feature in a firmware update.