Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #1

Help with buying a Tokina lens in Germany

Well,

I'm in a bit of trouble. There is a lens up for sale in a german Nikon forum (Main Index - NF-F Gebrauchtb)
The seller refuses to send the lens abroad (to Slovenia - only willing to send locally) so I'm asking here (not really sure if it's a correct forum) if anyone is willing to buy the lens in my behalf and send it to me?

I know it's asking a lot, just thought I'd take my chances

09-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd help you if I could, I bet someone here will come to your aid. What lens is it?

I wouldn't ordinarily reply to this, since I am of no help, but I happened to catch Otis typing out a PM to you and offering his help. He started out by saying that there is nothing he likes better than a big Beer Belly, and since he is German he is in a great position to help you. He goes on to state that you need to supply him with the cash for purchase up front, plus shipping and handling, along with a small "Rodent Tax" he is required to pay under German law. There was more, but I didn't catch it all...something about shipping it by "Squirrel Express" that might take up to 6 months...or more.

Anyhow, just hit the delete if you get the PM in your box. Otis is not German, is not in Germany, and even if he was I wouldn't buy a fire extinguisher from him if my head was on fire.

Regards!
09-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hehe Rupert, that cheered me up thank you for that. It's a Tokina equivalent to the Pentax DA* 50-135. Just loved it so much I have to have it on my Nikon system as well.
09-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Ask the seller if he will ship to a German address if you pay.

09-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello BeerBelly,

I am German, and I used to know most parts of your country quite well. From 1987 till 2005, I visited Slovenia 2-4 times a year, mostly for 1-2 weeks, working first for a Scottish company, later as self-employed.

I tried to look at the German NikonForum Gebrauchtbörse to which you linked in your post. Unfortunately, I can't see the contents of that forum without registering, which I DON'T WANT TO DO. And so I also can't find out whether there are restrictions for using the sales/buy department by new members.

There are certainly German members of PF who are also members of NF. If you speak German, I would suggest to repeat your request in our German sub forum.

EDIT:
Just saw the suggestion of p38arover.

If this will work, I am with you.
But it will depend on time scale, as I have to pay a visit to a hospital next week, and it seems possible they will want me to stay for some time (hopefully they don't).
As you may have found out, for shipping from DE to Slovenia German DHL charges €8.90 unregistered, and €17 registered (insured up to €500); DHL shipping between EU countries usually takes 1-4 (working) days registered, 2-6 days unregistered.

PM me if it works and you are interested.
09-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #6

Original Poster
I tried contacting the seller if he would send to a German address if I would pay (there is a company that provides reshipping of packages), but he declined.
I saw today though that the lens has been sold. So thank you all for trying to help.

It was this ad btw: Tokina 50-135/2.8 DX aus erster Hand - NF-F Gebrauchtb (you should be able to see it, even if you don't register).
09-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by BeerBelly Quote
I saw today though that the lens has been sold. So thank you all for trying to help.
Too bad, you were getting close to finding a solution. Look at the bright side, you didn't get tangled up with some damn "German squirrel" and lose your life savings before it was all over!
I still get letters from around the world from lawyers over Otis' sale of boxcar loads of exotic nuts he sold on E-bay. He posted photos he took with my Pentax. Looked like a great deal for only a few hundred dollars.......turns out they were tiny toy train cars loaded with a .50 cent bag of trail mix. I don't know how much money he made off that scam, but I did see a 60" Big Screen TV out in the woods shortly after his sale started.
Regards!

09-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go on!
Step by step I am starting to like Otis.
09-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #9

Original Poster
He sounds like a rascal not a squirrel