Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
NikonForums.com official joins our network of web sites!

Today I'm happy to announce that www.nikonforums.com has been launched and is joining our network as a premier discussion site for users of Nikon cameras.

We are launching the site together with a D600 giveaway!

Welcome to Nikon Forums - Introduction - Site Announcements - News - Front Page Posts - NikonForums.com

See you there if you also shoot with Nikon!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-01-2013, 08:14 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I should join, we could have an "APS-c shots and thoughts" thread. And unlike here, the majority of Nikon users could join in and contribute images. Naw, that would be just wrong.
10-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good news, but I haven't received my confirmation e-mail. Been way over 10 minutes. Is everything ok?
10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I should join, we could have an "APS-c shots and thoughts" thread. And unlike here, the majority of Nikon users could join in and contribute images. Naw, that would be just wrong.
I would love to see you contribute in some way Norm

10-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I so miss P&R, if they have one, I might just get a Nikon and join...
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Good news, but I haven't received my confirmation e-mail. Been way over 10 minutes. Is everything ok?
Could be a glitch due to high traffic. I've now activated all inactive accounts so you should be good to go!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best wishes with the new site.
At least we will have a familiar place to go when Pentax finally dies because as we all know: Pentax is DOOMED!

10-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Best wishes with the new site.
At least we will have a familiar place to go when Pentax finally dies because as we all know: Pentax is DOOMED!
Oh come on, Pentax isn't going anywhere! They will always be an underdog loved by many but noticed by few.

Adam

10-01-2013, 03:52 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by the swede Quote
I would love to see you contribute in some way Norm
Who knows, maybe if after a year or two Pentax seems stagnant, I'll have to pick up a by then heavily discounted D800 and some second hand lenses to go with it. After all I plan to use it for landscape... even AF is a frill. But, these new offerings may a sign that Ricoh is determined to get back into the game...and may be willing to put out some serious coin to make the brand palatable to users other than hiking/landscape/wildlife guys like myself. I really don't see a lot of other photographers out where I go... I'm not sure we're really the kind of niche I'd want to stake my livelyhood on. ANd honestly, it would just take one disaster where I missed out on something because I didn't have more resolution to make me pull the trigger. I'm not opposed to all things Nikon. I just see things as an eb and flow. Nikon may be better at a point in time, but Pentax will close the gap or catch up...I'm willing to give Pentax some time to make some more noise... but the clock is running. That Sigma DP2 is really making me aware of the limitations of 16 MP APS-c on a bayer array.