Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Nikon and Sony will show Medium Format cameras at PhotoPlus Expo

This would be interesting...

Nikon and Sony will show Medium Format cameras at PhotoPlus Expo | Camera News at Cameraegg

10-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Canon will probably also, it's kinda scary when those brands decide to move that route, you would think this would bring prices down but i doubt it especially when Canon stated their focus is on raising profits.
10-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I wouldn't read too much into those category listings, personally.
10-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I don't think they will do it : small market in size, slow renewal of gear by buyers, usually quite loyal to a brand.

Unless they have something really new and usefull to provide, there is litterally no way they can do profit on it.

10-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Canon will probably also, it's kinda scary when those brands decide to move that route, you would think this would bring prices down but i doubt it especially when Canon stated their focus is on raising profits.
I would be interesting to see if/what they have to offer and if it would be adding to their portfolio or is it the direction of the industry.

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I wouldn't read too much into those category listings, personally.
I agree. I’m thinking someone got a little click happy filling in the category check boxes.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
I don't think they will do it : small market in size, slow renewal of gear by buyers, usually quite loyal to a brand.

Unless they have something really new and usefull to provide, there is litterally no way they can do profit on it.
Unless they are tying to make it a little more affordable. Still would be way more than I could afford.
10-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They might offer an alternative for Pentax buyers or maybe Leica, but the users of Hassy and Phase are fairly well coupled with those brands and it would take a lot to displace them.

On the other hand a digital Texas Leica would be sweet.
10-10-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote

PhaseOne has been focusing on the "photo- enthusiast" market and has said they're making progress....i saw this on The Luminnous Landscape interview with their president...very bad video conversion so be patient