Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #121
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The A99 replacement is expected to be mirror-less.
Half mirror less?

10-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Ewwww, no dedicated battery charger. need to charge the camera through usb. what the heck is that nonsense?

The Camera Store also said while they feel good, they don't feel as durable as they should, wouldn't trust the sealing/construction as much as a D800 for example.

But that charging thing... wow, Sony... what were you thinking?
Two things: 1. The USB charging connector apparently wasn't Sony's idea, it was developed by an engineer at Intel in order to standardize device connectors. According to the Economist magazine, its become the device standard for smaller DC networks worldwide. Work is underway to increase its power limit to 100 watts. I see there is a USB connector in the glove comp. of my wife's 2010 Honda (thats not unusual i've heard) also have seen cheap cig lighter adapters ending in USB ports. I've heard that in India for places lacking AC grid power, there is a plan to install solar panels for DC power networks/batteries, connecting to devices with USB ports. USB ports also can pass device information along to a power management computer to prioritize some types of devices over others, in the event of power shortages, etc. Its the coming thing.

2. I don't know anything about the A7's durability, but there have been reports on a few Nexes of tripod holes tearing out. (Lightweight can have its disadvantages, apparently :-)) (i have 2 Nexs, but i'm careful how i use them on tripods, and use one PK to Nex adapter that has its own mount for tripod work. For a 2K camera, i believe that Sony has probably strengthened that mount.

Last edited by philbaum; 10-21-2013 at 10:12 AM.
10-21-2013, 02:49 AM   #123
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The first "small" camera with FF IBIS, let's say Pentax might need to come up with a different mount to make this happen.
Hmm... nope, won't happen (soon).
10-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #124
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The rumor is there will be an A99 replacement (A-Mount) with the 5-axis IBIS this Spring.

The Sony A99 has IBIS and is FF. Do you mean the first mirror-less FF witn IBIS? The A99 replacement is expected to be mirror-less.

The 4K Sony displayed this year at NAB show

QuoteQuote:
The swedish site Fotosidan reports the following info they got from Sony (Thanks Dennis for the translation!):

“More cameras on the way On the press meeting Yoshiyuki Nogama told us that a video-targeted system camera with A-mount is on the way/being developed. It shall compete with Canon EOS 5D Mk III and will have Ultra HD video (4K). We guess that this is a continuation of Sony a99. The Sony director also told us that further ahead Sony will launch a really fast full frame camera for action photography,”

This means Sony has not one but two A-mount cameras on roadmap!
Sony says: Two A-mount cameras to come. One with 4K and one Full Frame for sports photography | sonyalpharumors

10-21-2013, 06:50 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sony is saving costs nor efforts to be on top.
10-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #126
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I thought the novoflex was so expensive that I gave fotodiox a try. The build quality is very convincing.
I'd also endorse fotodiox. I have 2 of their PK adapters, one with and one without a tripod adapter. They have a good fit with all the lenses i've tried them on: DA-300, DA-35, DA-21, A 135 f2.8, M 100 f2.8, 2 macro lenses and a few more. No problems with fit or infinity focus. Bought them from Amazon.

It was pointed out to me that the 2 mounting screws used to attach a tripod mount to the fotodiox adapter are not aligned axially or lengthwise for max strength. Thats true, just don't go overboard when mounting heavy lenses to the Nex cameras, eg. for the DA-300, i use the tripod mount thats built-into the lens. There are some universal tripod adapters, but i have no links at hand.
10-21-2013, 01:38 PM - 1 Like   #127
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here ya go dudes and dudettes, some more lenses for you.

Samyang announces five lenses for Sony full-frame mirrorless

10-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #128
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

There will be many more from Sigma, Tamron etc coming for full frame E mount cameras soon.
10-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #129
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Samyang T-S 24mm f/3.5 ED AS UMC on a A7 could be really interesting, Looking forward to reviews.
10-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #130
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
There will be many more from Sigma, Tamron etc coming for full frame E mount cameras soon.
I hope so. Sigma released 3 nice lenses for the E-mount (APS-C), Tamron released one oddball zoom. I hope they pay more attention to the E and FE mount.
03-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #131
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
True, but I think people that prefer FF+OVF will already have one of the many many options from Canon or Nikon. This Sony A7(r) is clearly focussed on the users that prefer the EVF and/or the other benefits of mirrorless systems.
Agreed, Pentax could refine the K-01, copying sonys FF chip, and video section, and decripple the k-mount,for ease of apature/ shutter speed manipulation for exposure. Then go where sony does not. In -camera shake reduction, start @25 ISO, Articulate the screen like sony, but save money on no view finder, and no flash, but have a quiet Pentax shutter.Headphone jack. Perhaps have a modular acsessory viewfinder that can be connected to the hot shoe, like a tiny T.V. Concentrate on superior build, and not letting Pentax lens owners get away. Can be done. Sony stole the pentax playbook, and made a small elegent camera, FF to boot! Pentax tried to get back to this asthetic, but to late, now many pentax owners want a big Cannon/Nikon rip off look. The difference being most Cannon FF owners use lights, but most new Pentax owners use software. Prosumer is a harsh place to be with that beutiful Sony on the loose, wich takes Pentax lenses with an adapter. Cannon, could not take Pentax lenses, keeping many Pentax- Light-wrighters (photo-graphers) away. Thank god Pentax can counter it, as I have sugested. We will see.

Last edited by valarie; 03-18-2014 at 07:52 PM.
03-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #132
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

This one is a bit pointless for the buyer/user.
They are no more than the existing Samyang lenses with a built in adapter.

The user is better off buying a Canon/Nikon/Pentax one which can be used on the other camera he has (assuming he's coming from another brand)
Better/easier to sell off too.
03-19-2014, 10:27 AM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
This one is a bit pointless for the buyer/user.
They are no more than the existing Samyang lenses with a built in adapter.

The user is better off buying a Canon/Nikon/Pentax one which can be used on the other camera he has (assuming he's coming from another brand)
Better/easier to sell off too.
Exactly, at least they could have set them up with auto exposure. It doesn't make much sense to buy these, considering resale.
03-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by valarie Quote
Agreed, Pentax could refine the K-01, copying sonys FF chip, and video section, and decripple the k-mount,for ease of apature/ shutter speed manipulation for exposure. Then go where sony does not. In -camera shake reduction, start @25 ISO, Articulate the screen like sony, but save money on no view finder, and no flash, but have a quiet Pentax shutter.Headphone jack. Perhaps have a modular acsessory viewfinder that can be connected to the hot shoe, like a tiny T.V. Concentrate on superior build, and not letting Pentax lens owners get away. Can be done. Sony stole the pentax playbook, and made a small elegent camera, FF to boot! Pentax tried to get back to this asthetic, but to late, now many pentax owners want a big Cannon/Nikon rip off look. The difference being most Cannon FF owners use lights, but most new Pentax owners use software. Prosumer is a harsh place to be with that beutiful Sony on the loose, wich takes Pentax lenses with an adapter. Cannon, could not take Pentax lenses, keeping many Pentax- Light-wrighters (photo-graphers) away. Thank god Pentax can counter it, as I have sugested. We will see.
I agree, with Pentax's focus on packing a lot of punch in as small a package as possible whilst keeping it affordable, I as well expected Pentax to market the small affordable FF. But you can't expect Sony to courteously wait in line, along with all Pentax users, for Pentax to finally make their move.

As for the camera you describe... No VF?!? Ewww... Yeah, with our luck that's exactly what Pentax would do.

I love the A7r, with loud shutter and all. The looks I get are absolutely priceless. I'd make it louder if I could.
03-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #135
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by valarie Quote
With K mount the camera would have to be thick as a brick compared to a mirrorless body like the Sony A7r.