10-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #106
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Battery obsession.......

10-16-2013, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Indeed, there are cheaper ones. But you get what you pay for. I will personally probably go for the novoflex one as I don't want my precious K-mount lenses to accidentally fall off the mount Maybe I'm just being overly-cautious, but hey.
I thought the novoflex was so expensive that I gave fotodiox a try. The build quality is very convincing.
10-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #108
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
I thought the novoflex was so expensive that I gave fotodiox a try. The build quality is very convincing.
Overpriced- certainly, like (almost) all German lenses!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-17-2013, 02:04 AM   #109
Veteran Member

Indeed, there are cheaper ones. But you get what you pay for. I will personally probably go for the novoflex one as I don't want my precious K-mount lenses to accidentally fall off the mount Maybe I'm just being overly-cautious, but hey.
I too share the view of making sure my lenses are safe, but I have never felt at all like the $30-50 adapters I own for my NEX were anything but very solid and the fit is perfect. If there was any wiggle, play, light leaking, etc, I wouldn't pipe in about the cheaper adapters. Until I see one that isn't up to snuff, I will go on endorsing the cheaper ones since most likely they are made in the same place as the boutique priced ones anyway.

The 3 adapters I own for K, M42 and OM mounts all focus to infinity, never a problem there as peaking tells the story.

Jason

10-17-2013, 04:44 AM   #110

I just say this. All Sony cameras that I have been tryed felt like a plastic toy compared to K5. I would not trust any Sony camera to last with me long time. Also menus and all userinterface was not for me. Specs are good always for sure in Sonys but if I would change from Pentax very clear choise would be Nikon brand, next Canon. Sony I will left to Technical freaks.
10-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #111
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 123jippo Quote
I just say this. All Sony cameras that I have been tryed felt like a plastic toy compared to K5. I would not trust any Sony camera to last with me long time. Also menus and all userinterface was not for me. Specs are good always for sure in Sonys but if I would change from Pentax very clear choise would be Nikon brand, next Canon. Sony I will left to Technical freaks.
I agree.

But I also held the Plastic K-30 and it feels great.

Nothing wrong with "Plastic".

That Glock in the holster of a NYPD street cop is partially plastic as well.
10-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #112
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
All Sony cameras that I have been tryed felt like a plastic toy compared to K5..
You pretty much have to step up to a pro body to get something as well built as a K-5, D800+. The RX series is very well built, as is the NEX 7, but they didn't have seals. I think the A7R will have more than acceptable build quality amongst its peers.

Last edited by kenafein; 10-17-2013 at 10:30 AM.
10-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #113
Veteran Member

My first P&S digital is a SONY - the use of Memory Stick and high price of replacement battery (very few people make them, and the original one cost too much), make it a bad experience after a while.... that is a $450 P&S back then.

My VAIO PC - somehow have their own firmware so that the mother board can find the HD, making me go nuts trying to re-install windows on it (and no where to find the firmware in their website), really poor CS, but I finally found it online and has to burn a special Windows installation CD to load the firmware before windows installation.... another bad experience.

The specs on A7 looks really good, but I realize people also need to look at the lens availability too. I will hold on until Sigma start supporting them with reasonably priced fast prime. Using it with Pentax FF glass is good for some time, but not all the time for me...
10-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #114
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote

The specs on A7 looks really good, but I realize people also need to look at the lens availability too. I will hold on until Sigma start supporting them with reasonably priced fast prime. Using it with Pentax FF glass is good for some time, but not all the time for me...
you've read my mind
10-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #115
Veteran Member

Just logged in to the Sony partner portal site, to check what the preorder price for me is (it's attractive, but I will still wait for Xmas).

The full name of the camera is Alpha ILCE-7r.

The quick charger is BC-QM1 and the grip is called (gulp) the VG-C1EM.

There is also a soft leather body case LCS-ELCA, not sure I like it - seems to be molded with the kit lens in mind.
10-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #116
Veteran Member

In-lens
Wasn't Sony supposed to use a 5-axis IBIS by Olympus??? According to rumors, that is.
10-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #117
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
Wasn't Sony supposed to use a 5-axis IBIS by Olympus??? According to rumors, that is.
It might still be a challenge to stabilize a FF sensor in such a small body. This gives Pentax a nice opportunity to come out with the first FF camera with IBIS. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM - 1 Like   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
The rumor is there will be an A99 replacement (A-Mount) with the 5-axis IBIS this Spring.

This gives Pentax a nice opportunity to come out with the first FF camera with IBIS.
The Sony A99 has IBIS and is FF. Do you mean the first mirror-less FF witn IBIS? The A99 replacement is expected to be mirror-less.
10-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #119
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The rumor is there will be an A99 replacement (A-Mount) with the 5-axis IBIS this Spring.

The Sony A99 has IBIS and is FF. Do you mean the first mirror-less FF witn IBIS? The A99 replacement is expected to be mirror-less.
The first "small" camera with FF IBIS, let's say Pentax might need to come up with a different mount to make this happen.

Adam

10-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #120
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Just logged in to the Sony partner portal site, to check what the preorder price for me is (it's attractive, but I will still wait for Xmas).

The full name of the camera is Alpha ILCE-7r.

The quick charger is BC-QM1 and the grip is called (gulp) the VG-C1EM.

There is also a soft leather body case LCS-ELCA, not sure I like it - seems to be molded with the kit lens in mind.
Christine, did you just order the 36MP A7r body or did you also order an FE lens ? I plan on getting the Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS as soon as it's available in late January for my FF NEX-VG900 as a companion to my 24MM F1.4, 35mm F1.4, 50mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.4 primes.
Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens SEL2470F4Z B&H