Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
At least they aren't making you buy a $100 accessory to tether your camera .
touche! I will concede to that point.

however, the argument could be made that tethering is not a "daily" occurrence nor is it a function everyone's going to use....as opposed to say...charging the battery.

10-17-2013, 07:00 PM   #62
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I guess this is in the Pentax section, instead of the sections provided for users of other cameras because using Pentax in the name somehow makes it of use to other users? A camera made by another company that with use of a crippling adapter will use Pentax lenses is not a Pentax Full Frame. Unless of course putting a Mercedes symbol on the front of my Volkswagen Beetle makes it a Mercedes. This is disingenuous at best. We must have some really serious Sony shills at work here.

I think this thread is useful revenge for Pentaxians who have been ignored. It is a sharp stick in Ricoh's eye, as well as an obvious prompt: See, you could build this, Ricoh, but you had better hurry now. The K-mounters are restless.
10-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Taking revenge and trying to hurt Pentax as much as possible is indeed a constructive way of getting them to make a FF camera... right?
10-17-2013, 11:30 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I guess patience is no longer a virtue, better to go for everything right now.
Life is MUCH to short to wait decades for tool. If a hardware store doesn't have the hammer I need, I go to a different one.

Actually there is something wrong with the A7, A7r... there are very few FE lenses, it will take years to have even the 50 or so lenses currently in production for K-mount, forget about the 100 or so that use AF in K-mount. And if the A-7 A7r doesn't do well, it will be what you see is what you get. You can use derisivbe terms for the Pentax FF, but Sony FE glass is rock solid I suppose? Funny how if Pentax doesn't have it out right now its a unicorn, but if Sony doesn't have it out, it taken assumed to be real. A slight double standard here maybe?

OK so which is worse, Pentax's unicorn camera, or Sony's unicorn lenses? I bet Pentax has an FF before Sony has completed it's Lens Map.
No double standard. Look at the speed at which Sony is developing and marketing stuff. And compare that to the Pentax today. They will have plenty lenses. Heck, Sony will have an affordable digital medium format before Pentax markets the FF. Well, at least Sony will have a new evolved version (or two) of the A7(5) by that time. So yes, bet's on.

Or are you assuming everyone will be happy going back to the camera stone age before AF? That's a heck of a business plan.
I am, because I don't consider AF to be that important. Camera stone age isn't going manual; an eye level VF without peaking, focus zooming, etc might qualify though. And from the large number of A7(r)-praise threads I can safely assume that I'm not the only one.

10-18-2013, 01:12 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I expect the microlenses to help with flat-angled rays at outer areas of the sensor. But not to a point where steeper angles don't work anymore. Even an A7r will have to accomodate long tele or 70-200 zooms or 85mm portrait lenses which have a steep angle despite a short registration distance. The microlenses are just tuned to avoid making non-retrofocus wide angle lenses a complete mess. And its not new, the Leica M does the same.
I agree - I have used 75mm and longer rangefinder lenses on my M8,M9 and Monochrom without issue. Lens green / magenta lens casts have been quite common on NEX cameras even with 28mm lenses.
10-18-2013, 01:31 AM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Lens green / magenta lens casts have been quite common on NEX cameras even with 28mm lenses.
This is a problem with the NEX7, but it didn't affect the 16mp cameras. You have to go to 12 or 15mm to see the same on the 5N. The CSV 15 seems to be a toss up. Some people complain of obvious color cast and others claim theirs has no issue.
10-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Some people complain of obvious color cast and others claim theirs has no issue
I think it boils down to centering defects with the lenses themselves - with my optics testing bench I have seen quite a few CV lenses that were less than perfectly centered, and the wider a lens gets the more problematic things like that can be.

10-18-2013, 04:19 AM   #68
Inactive Account

resolution and over sharpened image. but i dont want to convince you it's not my job.
this look like a k5 image with 36 million pixel. the 645d has a much more nice skin tone, and endering. this image look oversharpned.
10-18-2013, 04:22 AM   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Life is MUCH to short to wait decades for tool. If a hardware store doesn't have the hammer I need, I go to a different one.
We shouldn't wait at least until Photokina; we should instead jump to Sony and wait for their lenses...
By the way, information about Pentax working on a full frame line started in 2012.

No double standard. Look at the speed at which Sony is developing and marketing stuff. And compare that to the Pentax today. They will have plenty lenses. Heck, Sony will have an affordable digital medium format before Pentax markets the FF. Well, at least Sony will have a new evolved version (or two) of the A7(5) by that time. So yes, bet's on.
I already have Pentax lenses, and there are still more I could buy. Sony's effort is appreciable, but not a reason to jump ship.

By the way, at their best Pentax launched 8 lenses in a year - 2008, to be precise. They did it because they were relaunching themselves with the K10D.

I am, because I don't consider AF to be that important. Camera stone age isn't going manual; an eye level VF without peaking, focus zooming, etc might qualify though. And from the large number of A7(r)-praise threads I can safely assume that I'm not the only one.
How many people are opening those threads? Just curious.
On the other forum "they" predicted a huge number of Pentaxians would jump to the new Sony cameras - a quick glance in the poll, 13 votes. Quite a few new posters were suddenly feeling like posting there, too.
10-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #70
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
resolution and over sharpened image. but i dont want to convince you it's not my job.
this look like a k5 image with 36 million pixel. the 645d has a much more nice skin tone, and endering. this image look oversharpned.
Show me a link to a 645D image like that that looks much better like you say.
10-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #71
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Show me a link to a 645D image like that that looks much better like you say.

is totally useless you don' t understand the point. for you iq is resolution just this. the image from sony look fake digital, i'd say harsh...probably heavy pp and sharpening.
the medium format is a total different game in terms of rendering and color tonality. is a different image.
i repeat go to dpreview there is tcom he use k5 d4 d800e and 645d ask him what he thinks. in addiction what amazes me of 645d are the perfect metering and white balance. i always open my raw in lightroom and they need minimal pp,
i am not telling d800e is bad. i like the camera and i ll add it for some interesting lenses like 14.28 or sigma long tele. but ccd for me is the winner at base iso. is simply another look.

diglloyd blog - Reader Comment: 40MP Pentax 645D vs 36MP Nikon D800

this a comment in dilloyd. for me is the sum of my feeling between the camera. not about resolution is about a difference quality not measurable.
but you can be happy with the sony. it will produce great photo for sure.
10-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #72
Banned

is totally useless you don' t understand the point. for you iq is resolution just this. the image from sony look fake digital, i'd say harsh...probably heavy pp and sharpening.
the medium format is a total different game in terms of rendering and color tonality. is a different image.
i repeat go to dpreview there is tcom he use k5 d4 d800e and 645d ask him what he thinks. in addiction what amazes me of 645d are the perfect metering and white balance. i always open my raw in lightroom and they need minimal pp,
i am not telling d800e is bad. i like the camera and i ll add it for some interesting lenses like 14.28 or sigma long tele. but ccd for me is the winner at base iso. is simply another look.

diglloyd blog - Reader Comment: 40MP Pentax 645D vs 36MP Nikon D800

this a comment in dilloyd. for me is the sum of my feeling between the camera. not about resolution is about a difference quality not measurable.
but you can be happy with the sony. it will produce great photo for sure.
That 36MP Sony A7r image is straight off the camera with no PP taken at a Sony event.

?????????Sony A7?A7R ???? - ???? - Sony ??? - ePrice.HK
10-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #73
Inactive Account

That 36MP Sony A7r image is straight off the camera with no PP taken at a Sony event.

?????????Sony A7?A7R ???? - ???? - Sony ??? - ePrice.HK

officail sample full resolution

Sony A7 / A7R / RX10 Sample Images & Videos | Camera News at Cameraegg

for me this are not at all medium format category, probably even the lens are not even brilliant especially wide open...

the sample u showed is shhoted under flash with probably f 8 or similar. even the kit lens from a k5 can produce amazing results.

but my point is not about resolution or sharpness. i already told you. the comment i posted show my feeling. is totally another look.

not harsh but still contrasty, not oversharpend but with grat acuity, great skin tones. tones are much more smothy without the lost of contrast.

in addiction the lenses form pentax are brilliant without ca. i have never seen a sample from a nikon d800e with a lens under 70 mm that show similar sharpness edge to edge that the 645d and the old a35.

but im sure you will be happy with sony. i probably will buy it.
10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is hard to assess the quality of skin tones especially with Jpeg compression getting in the way - I predominantly worth with Caucasian models, but I can already see signs of over-sharpening - not to mention effects of diffraction softening of the image.
10-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #75
Veteran Member

You are kidding. right?