Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
10-19-2013, 03:43 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
This is one good point. Why this thread now needs to be under Pentax FF section? There is actually a proper place for a tread like this. Maybe this makes some ones agony but this seems so far pointless.
Because moving this thread out of sight makes the reality of things go away?

Probably the mods agree, that this is finally a FF camera with which we can mount our Pentax lenses. I bet they would move it to the appropriate forum section if a FF Pentax existed. But since it does not, this could just be the appropriate forum.

10-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
The reality is that Sony cameras are not Pentax. This area is named "Pentax Full Frame", thus Sony camera talks are off-topic.
10-19-2013, 04:12 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Why can't Sony make an autofocus adapter for Pentax lenses anyway? That would be awesome.
10-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote

Probably the mods agree, that this is finally a FF camera with which we can mount our Pentax lenses. I bet they would move it to the appropriate forum section if a FF Pentax existed. But since it does not, this could just be the appropriate forum.
Propably this could be appropriate, or not. As said before, I don't think that this is right place, even that ricoh/pentax has yet not delivered one, that is silly thinking and even little mean.

I do think that this is great news on Sony. I hope to see many fine photos, and things that has changed peoples shooting on the level that they need/want/dreams that it should be. But not in this section, because there is non pentax thread and others, like Thoughts and shots with FF, just to mention few. BTW pepple have been shooting with canon 5D using Pentax lenses, so that is hardly any point after all.

Cheers.

10-19-2013, 06:19 AM   #95
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by zxaar Quote
You are kidding. right?
no kidding...the k3 24with a prime at f10 under flash iwill give you a lot of resolution and am pretty sure similar sharpness. the foveon sigma dp3 merril will give much better results at a fraction of the cost ....the problem is what you have shoot so far...that's it.
you are amed by the sample? me not. it's digital all over, artifact ovrsharpening poor skin tone, but it's jpeg....try a month the 645d and you change your approach towards these photos.

i reeat the sony a7 and d800 are better all around camera for sure, better dr and noise. they are cheaper. i ill add them to my arsenal for curiosity and to have the possibility to use some sigma lenses and my ff lenses.
but the iq is not comparable. simply the 645d and ccd produce a different more natural image. it really look like film with a touch of contrast more. the file from 645d are cleaner at base iso, example the sky, and they are perfect from the camera. they don't need to pull and push level curve and so for in lightroom to obtain the best.
I repeat probably for you is not enough to fork out a lot of money, or you are happier with sony. it's a great choiche. but for me i wouldnt change my 645d for 10 d800e. the experience of 645d viewfinder alone it's worth the price difference.
10-19-2013, 06:20 AM   #96
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Propably this could be appropriate, or not. As said before, I don't think that this is right place, even that ricoh/pentax has yet not delivered one, that is silly thinking and even little mean.

I do think that this is great news on Sony. I hope to see many fine photos, and things that has changed peoples shooting on the level that they need/want/dreams that it should be. But not in this section, because there is non pentax thread and others, like Thoughts and shots with FF, just to mention few. BTW pepple have been shooting with canon 5D using Pentax lenses, so that is hardly any point after all.

Cheers.
If Pentax lenses would work on the full frame Canon 5D like it does on the mirrorless E mount I bet many people here would use the 5D but most Pentax lenses don't work on the full frame 5D because it hits the mirror.
10-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #97
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The reality is that Sony cameras are not Pentax. This area is named "Pentax Full Frame", thus Sony camera talks are off-topic.

You are correct. You might complain to the FCC, or instead, learn not to let trivial matters concern you so much.

10-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
People are overlooking the microlens issue: These sensors are designed with microlenses that act differently with their distance from the optical axis and probably won't work well with legacy lenses.
Pentax DSLR's aren't designed to work well with legacy lenses either. Out of the box both my kx and my k5 were shamefully miscalibrated when it came to using focus screen to manually focus . Sony has a few full interface sony adapters (ea-1 ea-2) for use with the ff alpha mount lenses. The sony a7 will no doubt work brilliantly with any ff lenses. The viewfinder will likely be fantastic as well.
10-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #99
Pentaxian

Sliver-Surfer, not exactly with any lens, it seems:
The Online Photographer: Two Reasons...
A SLR can be properly calibrated, besides no matter how old the lens, you'll still lose SR.

QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
You are correct. You might complain to the FCC, or instead, learn not to let trivial matters concern you so much.
How cute...

From a "trivial matters" page:
"While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competing camera brands, please do not lead 'brand wars' or bash a particular camera manufacturer."
In other words, having threads started as "useful revenge for Pentaxians who have been ignored" might not be recommended.

Besides, Ricoh Imaging (i.e. Pentax freed from Hoya) is listening to us; they just gave us the wonderful K-3 which answers many of our requests. They won't stop here, that's for sure; so... revenge for what?
Now, people have a choice: to patiently wait and (maybe) support them when the right product is launched, or to try and hinder their progress by mocking, bashing, spreading FUD and claiming every other manufacturer is better ("revenge").
10-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #100
Banned

QuoteQuote:
The ability to use any full frame lens in the world means you’re never locked into a system and there are no image quality compromises . The low price means you can also spend some extra money on the many great full frame lenses available. If you have lenses for Canon EF,Pentax K, Leica M, Leica R, Olympus OM, Nikon F, or Canon FD, the A7 & A7R are worthy of your consideration.
https://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/2013/10/15/sony-a7-a7r-hands-field-test
10-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #101
Pentaxian

This camera is just a very good soother for us legacy pentaxians that have been waiting for years for a ff pentax body. When and if Pentax makes the ff body we will buy one but if you have not tried a Sony Nex with Pentax lenses you are missing out on a great partnership they are brilliant together. I am sure the k3 is brilliant but most of us have a perfectly good aps-c camera at home. Everything pentax puts out is pretty much brilliant(except the Q), but it still has no full frame sensor.
10-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #102
Pentaxian

Trying the new Sony with my lenses would cost me ~1600 euro. I'm curious about other systems, but not that curious... sure, if you can do it and then still afford to get back to Pentax, that's great.
I however don't think that losing functionality means "a great partnership", nor that it's "brilliant". It would make more sense with old lenses, though... as a first step in completely migrating to Sony (that's what they want, to lock you in).

Let's not forget Kitazawa-san was talking about "2013 or later" (it's obviously later, we would know otherwise). As why not sooner, ask yourself how many Pentax DSLR products were launched in 2011 - the last full year of Hoya ownership.
Sorry, I think I'll rather save up money
10-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #103
Pentaxian

Trying the new Sony with my lenses would cost me ~1600 euro. I'm curious about other systems, but not that curious... sure, if you can do it and then still afford to get back to Pentax, that's great.
I however don't think that losing functionality means "a great partnership", nor that it's "brilliant". It would make more sense with old lenses, though... as a first step in completely migrating to Sony (that's what they want, to lock you in).

Let's not forget Kitazawa-san was talking about "2013 or later" (it's obviously later, we would know otherwise). As why not sooner, ask yourself how many Pentax DSLR products were launched in 2011 - the last full year of Hoya ownership.
Sorry, I think I'll rather save up money
Im not saying this is a good choice for those who need a camera for Autofocus on FA F DA lenses. The nex is brilliant with Manual lenses. You don't lose functionality with Manual lenses...
functions with manual lenses:
-Full time aperture preview on lcd back and in viewfinder
-Digital zoom style focus assist
-Focus peaking
10-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #104
Pentaxian

In-body stabilization?
10-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #105
Pentaxian

In-body stabilization?
it has that ..you plug the In-body stabilizer accessory into the 1/4" port on the bottom and adjust the height and level by extending the legs to different lengths.
.....ok touche-you got me there
I do not plan on picking one up until they are in stores because you may be right about pentax announcing the ff soon. The way I found out about the Sony was I went in to Henry's to order a Nikon d600 body...and make tha switch. The sony is a switch I can make and still use all my pentax lenses