Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I'm actually surprised Sony didn't do what Nikon did and chip the batteries so you can only use first party stuff.
They did, but manufacturers are getting clever. Sony even made it so that you couldn't use older versions, of the same battery, in newer cameras for awhile. The third party guys got around Nikon and Sony's protections. I use Wasabi batteries for both.

10-17-2013, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #32
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
Look at that Sony A7 with a Pentax lens mounted on it...
Very Tempting...
If Pentax/Ricoh ever is going to replace K01, I think they should look at this one.

Make it K.mount with circular protrusion (correct word?) in place of the K-adaptor on this camera.
Maybe use this ring for aperture control or other.

Slightly larger/deeper grip could probably be used without destroying the impression of sleek/thin camera!?

/Lars
Attached Images

10-17-2013, 09:22 AM - 2 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess this is in the Pentax section, instead of the sections provided for users of other cameras because using Pentax in the name somehow makes it of use to other users? A camera made by another company that with use of a crippling adapter will use Pentax lenses is not a Pentax Full Frame. Unless of course putting a Mercedes symbol on the front of my Volkswagen Beetle makes it a Mercedes. This is disingenuous at best. We must have some really serious Sony shills at work here.
10-17-2013, 10:11 AM - 2 Likes   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I guess this is in the Pentax section, instead of the sections provided for users of other cameras because using Pentax in the name somehow makes it of use to other users? A camera made by another company that with use of a crippling adapter will use Pentax lenses is not a Pentax Full Frame. Unless of course putting a Mercedes symbol on the front of my Volkswagen Beetle makes it a Mercedes. This is disingenuous at best. We must have some really serious Sony shills at work here.

Wow.............

Just camera talk man.......Ask a Mod to move it if it pisses you off so much.

10-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lars Quote
If Pentax/Ricoh ever is going to replace K01, I think they should look at this one.

Make it K.mount with circular protrusion (correct word?) in place of the K-adaptor on this camera.

Slightly larger/deeper grip could probably be used without destroying the impression of sleek/thin camera!?

/Lars
That's not a K-mount adapter, it's a Leica M adapter. The lens is the Leica M version of the Pentax 43LTD. It sure does look good on there though.
10-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Wow.............

Just camera talk man.......Ask a Mod to move it if it pisses you off so much.
Sorry in advance about the rant... please skip if that's not what you want to hear.

I'm getting sick of seeing Sony everywhere. And SHOUTING that it's a "full frame Pentax"? (the N-th thread on the same line). Can't we see the differences between a Pentax and a Sony? (note: I'm not saying one is superior to another, just that they're different).
I can see those differences very well, I made my choice years ago and I'm sticking with it (because it remains valid). How about those pretending a Sony product is "Pentax"? Shouldn't they make up their minds, about which brand they prefer?

About a true Pentax FF... I'm reasonably sure my new sig is adequate to the subject. Not that I can max out my current camera...
10-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lars Quote
/Lars
I agree. I'm using a NEX6, and if I were to change two things to make it handle better it would be deeper grip and replace the thumb dial with a front dial. The K30 grip is quite excellent. so put that on and I'd be set. Also, I'm using a Lens Turbo most of the time now... its length is longer than the Leica adapter shown above but shorter than the standard adapter, so it works out fairly well.

10-17-2013, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #38
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
But if you bought a high end Fire arm and they didn't include the bolt?
Let me get this straight, do you think the A7 and A7r have no way to charge the battery unless you buy a battery charger ?
10-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #39
Veteran Member

my wait is over. A7 plus pentax legacy lenses is all i need. now i do not care if pentax ever makes ff.
10-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I'm getting sick of seeing Sony everywhere. And SHOUTING that it's a "full frame Pentax"? (the N-th thread on the same line). Can't we see the differences between a Pentax and a Sony?
I feel the same. Too much Sony Sony Sony Sony around here.

Sony can make some nice gear - I have a RX100, plus a NEX F3 with some NEX lenses and accessories - but the Sony fanboyism here has recently gone over the top. It's boring.
10-17-2013, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I feel the same. Too much Sony Sony Sony Sony around here.

Sony can make some nice gear - I have a RX100, plus a NEX F3 with some NEX lenses and accessories - but the Sony fanboyism here has recently gone over the top. It's boring.
Stop.

The only boring thing here is people who have to label others.

I like Photography. Period.

I did not realize that I cant talk about photography in general on your Pentax fanboy Forum.

Man is fanboy a stupid word.
10-17-2013, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #42
Veteran Member

Sony has released an exciting new product that a lot of people have wanted. I don't see what's wrong with a little enthusiasm. What's with the backlash? Obviously people are excited to be able to use their Pentax lenses, because they appreciate Pentax glass. I suppose early adopters might be disappointed if Pentax releases a FF camera soon, but FF rumors have been going on since 2008 or before. M42, K and M users aren't likely going to get much better compatibility from a Pentax branded camera. This is an exciting time for all camera enthusiasts. When one camera company breaks the mold, the rest are soon to follow, hopefully, with more innovation.
10-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Well anybody who now is still prepared to wait for the Pentax unicorn can be considered (how shall I put it differently then?) a Pentax-fan.

Nothing wrong with Sony, everybody complaining about the enthusiasm are just sour grapes / jealousy.
10-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Corto-PA Quote
Stop.

The only boring thing here is people who have to label others.

I like Photography. Period.

I did not realize that I cant talk about photography in general on your Pentax fanboy Forum.

Man is fanboy a stupid word.
+++1 to that!
If the Sony A7r turns out to work well with an adapter with my older Pentax lenses I may very well pick one up.
10-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #45
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Well anybody who now is still prepared to wait for the Pentax unicorn can be considered (how shall I put it differently then?) a Pentax-fan.

Nothing wrong with Sony, everybody complaining about the enthusiasm are just sour grapes / jealousy.
I guess patience is no longer a virtue, better to go for everything right now. Actually there is something wrong with the A7, A7r... there are very few FE lenses, it will take years to have even the 50 or so lenses currently in production for K-mount, forget about the 100 or so that use AF in K-mount. And if the A-7 A7r doesn't do well, it will be what you see is what you get. You can use derisivbe terms for the Pentax FF, but Sony FE glass is rock solid I suppose? Funny how if Pentax doesn't have it out right now its a unicorn, but if Sony doesn't have it out, it taken assumed to be real. A slight double standard here maybe?

OK so which is worse, Pentax's unicorn camera, or Sony's unicorn lenses? I bet Pentax has an FF before Sony has completed it's Lens Map. Or are you assuming everyone will be happy going back to the camera stone age before AF? That's a heck of a business plan.