Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Gah! I will only get $720 for trade in for the OMD EM5, Panasonic 25 f1.4, Oly 45 1.8, and Oly 14 f8. Kijiji it goes!
$720 for that? I would be willing to pay more :-)

01-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
$720 for that? I would be willing to pay more :-)
lol, too bad your in Australia!
01-14-2014, 02:29 PM   #48
Veteran Member

lol, too bad your in Australia!
I was serious - would gladly pay $800 for that lot. Not so much interested in the body, but the lenses would be nice!
01-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #49
Veteran Member

I was serious - would gladly pay $800 for that lot. Not so much interested in the body, but the lenses would be nice!
too bad I don't do paypal

01-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gah! I will only get $720 for trade in for the OMD EM5, Panasonic 25 f1.4, Oly 45 1.8, and Oly 14 f8. Kijiji it goes!
Are you done with the OM-D already? Seems like you just got it...
01-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #51
Veteran Member

too bad I don't do paypal
Wise man. Someone tried to buy stuff via my paypal account once - luckily they weren't able to complete the transaction but it was a close shave.
01-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #52
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Are you done with the OM-D already? Seems like you just got it...
I know! I'm not done with it, I love that camera. I just don't find myself using it enough to warrant keeping it. I honestly think I would get more use out of adapting my K lenses to the A7 than I would using the EM5. If my wife kicked me out of the house for the day I would buy myself a fist full of transit tickets and bring the OMD EM5 with that Panasonic 25mm f1.4 with me and just ride the bus/subway from place to place to take photos...and probably get some fantastic shots. But running four mounts is financial suicide. (Q, m4/3, K, F)

The EM5 I use for the following right now: compact camera for around the house, video, and something compact to take out with a fast prime.
The A7 fill the following: compact camera for around the house, video (with manual audio control!), something compact to take out with a fast prime, something I can mount K glass to without a huge crop.

Wise man. Someone tried to buy stuff via my paypal account once - luckily they weren't able to complete the transaction but it was a close shave.
I've had similar issues.

01-14-2014, 07:23 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm glad to see you've come around on the A7, but that's way too little to let that kit go for. The Panasonic 24/1.4, by itself, should nab you at least $400.
01-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
I'm glad to see you've come around on the A7, but that's way too little to let that kit go for. The Panasonic 24/1.4, by itself, should nab you at least $400.
agreed. I've got the kit up on Kijiji for $1500. I see body only go for $750 right now (which I think is high), so I'm kind of reaching for the moon.

I'm willing to give almost anything a try once, especially with gadgets. I still find some things about this A7 series dumb (like lack of dedicated charger), but we will see where it goes.
01-14-2014, 10:27 PM   #55
Veteran Member

agreed. I've got the kit up on Kijiji for $1500. I see body only go for $750 right now (which I think is high), so I'm kind of reaching for the moon.

I'm willing to give almost anything a try once, especially with gadgets. I still find some things about this A7 series dumb (like lack of dedicated charger), but we will see where it goes.
$750 for a used body is high, given that B&H is currently selling it new for US$799.

I would prefer to get the GX7 (also selling for $799) but I am hanging out for an even bigger discount. Tempted by the EM1 but it's bigger and heavier than the A7(r) (lol).

The 25mm f1.4 is available for $529.

There is a separate charger available - the BC-QM1. Or just use the charger from previous NEX cameras. It's the same battery.
01-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #56
Veteran Member

I still find some things about this A7 series dumb (like lack of dedicated charger), but we will see where it goes.
I know it's the principal of the thing for you; but get the Wasabi charger, with 2 extra batteries, for $25. It's not much in the grand scheme, and you'll need those extra batteries.
01-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I know it's the principal of the thing for you; but get the Wasabi charger, with 2 extra batteries, for $25. It's not much in the grand scheme, and you'll need those extra batteries.
lol, thanks for understanding.

The Wasabi is a good product? I normally stay OEM in these situations...been burned by aftermarket batteries already. I know a few guys here use the Wasabi.

Man, I need that OMD to sell...and like now.

I got these situations going through my head...and I'm impatient:

1: Buy the UWA Zoom for my D800 today, wait for the OMD kit to sell, pickup the A7
2: trade in the OMD kit today at a loss and get the A7 now, don't get the UWA zoom and use my Pentax kit for the cycling magazine I'm shooting this weekend...and hopefully get the NEX-K adapter in time to do the video segment for the magazine I'm shooting this weekend as well.

Last edited by Wired; 01-15-2014 at 12:33 PM.
01-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #58
Veteran Member

lol, thanks for understanding.

The Wasabi is a good product? I normally stay OEM in these situations...been burned by aftermarket batteries already.
I have a pair, and my friend has 2 pair(one for his NEX6 and one for his A7.). I'd say the batteries work about ~80% as long as the OEM, even though they are rated higher. I have had no other issues with them. The charger is faster than the original.
01-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #59
Pentaxian

I have a pair, and my friend has 2 pair(one for his NEX6 and one for his A7.). I'd say the batteries work about ~80% as long as the OEM, even though they are rated higher. I have had no other issues with them. The charger is faster than the original.
Just to add a data point, I bought a pair and the wall charger for my Nex-6, and I think the batteries are pretty close in longevity. The wall charger is fast, and the batteries are small enough to stick the two extras in a pants pocket and not worry. At least for me, there's no chance I'll need all three on any single day, unless I forget to charge one... which has happened. :-)

I got a similar battery kit for the K30 batteries, and I've never noticed much of a difference there, either. The wall chargers are very convenient.
01-15-2014, 07:41 PM   #60
Veteran Member

gah... I'm going to take longer to think about it. I was supposed to meet a buyer in an hour to part with the OMD, but while I was picking up my new 17-35mm Tokina for my D800 I was finally able to handle a full powered up A7 with the 35mm lens on it. I'm disapointed. It does feel like a quality product but the whole camera just feels....clunky. I remember the first time handling it I enjoyed the feel of the dials, this time not so much. Mostly because I found that a quick run across the shutter speed dial caused some lag compared to what I'm used to. The plastic casing got to me again too...even though it feels solid. So I'm on the fence again. I think the next step to convince me to try one would be to buy one of them cheap Fotidox adapters and bring in some glass and see how it works with it. That or try it with that 55mm Sony lens...looks so sexy....