Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Any Fuji XF1 users here?

I have a K5, K-01, and a Q, and really did not need another camera, but......
the other day Amazon had a gold box deal on the XF1, any color, for $179, so I grabbed a brown one.
It should arrive tomorrow, getting antsy.

I've read several online reviews, so I do know its pros and cons, but still would like opinions from my fellow Pentax users.

Being a true pocket size, carry everywhere, type camera was my reason to buy, more so that the retro styling.
The twist zoom, and EXR processor sounds nifty to me also.
edit to add, and the price was hard to pass up.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by robtcorl; 11-04-2013 at 07:19 AM.
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM - 1 Like   #2

Got one to use on my holiday in France. In a word its superb.
The funny system to turn it on takes some getting used to, but soon becomes second nature. Build quality is extremely high, the metal body feels a bit like. A 60s voightlander. The controls are laid out in a similar way to an SLR so already already will be second nature.
The results are amazingly good, the bigger sensor making a big difference and the raw files are also very good with very little noise.
It looks amazing and several people have asked me what it is. That's never happened to a camera I have owned in the past.
11-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
onw, thanks for your input, now I'm even more excited to get it!
The XF1 apparently uses the same batteries as the Pentax Q, and I have a few spares.