Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #286

Non R photos allowed?

One with an Alpa - Kern 50mm/1.8 with tubes and heavily cropped (see the uncropped version on flickr)

I'm fairly pleased with the kit zoom so far too. This was a complete fluke shot.

12-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by camerons Quote
Non R photos allowed?
For you, bien sūr! Welcome to the club!

Great macro in the first photo.

Love how the sun just pokes through between the faces in the 2nd photo.
12-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #288

Cameron, the quality of the macro picture is excellent for such a big crop!

Today's visit at a shopping mall (all A7 + Sigma 60mm f/2.8):

12-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #289
Veteran Member

Original Poster
For those who think the A7r does not handle adapted wideangle lenses well, here is a shot taken with the Heliar 28mm at f5.6 ISO6400!

12-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #290
osv
Veteran Member

that's the same heliar from the hunter valley shoot? I think that lens is special!! after I saw those pics, I started looking for a heliar 28mm!
12-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #291
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
that's the same heliar from the hunter valley shoot? I think that lens is special!! after I saw those pics, I started looking for a heliar 28mm!
Yep!

There is a little vignetting and blurry corners wide open (running a custom lens profile fixes the vignetting and improves the corners but it will always be a bit blurry at the corners wide open). Even without a lens profile, it's completely sharp corner to corner at f5.6 and the vignetting completely disappears at f8. Basically it's a perfect landscape lens, but wide open is good for portraits. And it's ridiculously small and lightweight, sold at a price that seems too low for the quality it is delivering.

I was contemplating buying a Summicron 28, but now I am starting to think why bother.
12-29-2013, 04:19 AM   #292
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Thanks. I learn a lot from your photos. I even tried taking portraits with the camera on a tripod at waist level, as you suggested. The results are that it does make my legs look more chunkier (as I feared) but the overall photo is more balanced. The interesting thing about this photo is that you may notice I was automatically leaning back to compentate for the eye level perspective and I shouldn't have.
Totally off topic - Christine how did you develop such incredible legs??

I have to ask since you showcased them

12-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #293
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very fascinating thread here... I can easily see the likes of this camera (either A7 or A7r) in my photo bag. Presently my Ricoh GXR-M's and AF modules are totally satisfactory, but the size comparison between K-5 and A7 kinds drives the point home. In fact, Ricoh GXR-M with Nokton 40/1.4 is positively tiny compared with K-5 and say FA 43/1.9. I should probably get my act together and produce a comparison shot. All in all, I totally don't feel like there is another DSLR in my future, FF or not...
12-29-2013, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #294
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

A7 and Sigma 60mm f/2.8

Saw a historic court house in visiting the old town of Auburn. I have a slight crop from the original.

And I have been playing with EyeAF along with face detection enabled. The eye-AF need a dedicated customized key in order to press Eye-AF key along with shutter release. It is quite amazing to see the Square box coming up and when Eye-AF key is pressed, a smaller green box appear along the eye -- it is actually working quite well. I am impressed.

Hin
12-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #295
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Totally off topic - Christine how did you develop such incredible legs??

I have to ask since you showcased them
LOL - I started cycling about 5 years ago to recover from pneumonia.

This was my ride on Saturday:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/420399982

It's currently 5am on Mon morning in Sydney, and I am about to go out for a ride (as soon as I finish my breakfast).
12-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #296
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
LOL - I started cycling about 5 years ago to recover from pneumonia.

This was my ride on Saturday:
Spit Wakehurst Church by ChristineTham at Garmin Connect - Details

It's currently 5am on Mon morning in Sydney, and I am about to go out for a ride (as soon as I finish my breakfast).
Wow great - love the info chart - alwyas wanted to see the GARMIN charts - def will get - I ride MTB - heavy single track trails in South Africa and in the Drakensberg - still don't have legs like yours lol.

Enjoy and thanks for the info
12-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #297
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Wow great - love the info chart - alwyas wanted to see the GARMIN charts - def will get - I ride MTB - heavy single track trails in South Africa and in the Drakensberg - still don't have legs like yours lol.

Enjoy and thanks for the info
No worries - I have the Garmin Edge 510 (actually I have two, one for each bike ) - nice unit - it allows people to track me in real time - just in case I have an accident or something (heaven forbid fingers crossed etc. etc.)

This is the activity log for this morning's ride (just a short one around 50 km - it's a work day and I want to get back before peak hour traffic):
Bobbin loop by ChristineTham at Garmin Connect - Details
12-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #298
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was wondering why this seagull kept squawking at me, but then I realised she was protecting two chicks behind her (Heliar 75mm):

Cropped image:

Even more cropping:

Even more cropping still (focusing on the left chick's eye):
12-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #299
Veteran Member

A7 + Super Elmar 18
It turned out the SE 18 is not that bad on A7. From what I have seen, there's a little difference at the edges between 5n and A7, which is OK, since it is much wider on full frame. The super elmar is not flawless on 5n though.
BTW, it is sharper WO on Leica M than on A7@f11. So, I am waiting for organic sensor from Panasonic-Fuji, it should be very good there.
12-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #300
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Cockatoo Island, viewed through the Super Heliar 15mm: