Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #601
Veteran Member
Christine Tham's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,269
Original Poster
And this is the Youtube version for comparison. Youtune seems to do some edge-enhancement, but there's also significant macro-blocking, resulting in Gibb's effect ringing:


06-07-2014, 04:04 AM - 1 Like   #602
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466


A7+CV12

Last edited by pinholecam; 06-07-2014 at 03:48 PM.
06-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #603
Veteran Member
Christine Tham's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,269
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote

A7+CV12
Another fantastic photo! Such a beautiful and tranquil setting.
06-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #604
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466
QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Another fantastic photo! Such a beautiful and tranquil setting.


Thanks again Christine.
Yes, Bali is a very beautiful place.

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 07:34 AM ----------



With the Pentax K24/2.8

Certainly a very handy lens that is wide enough for many things and very portable since its not big at all.

06-08-2014, 04:29 AM   #605
Veteran Member
Christine Tham's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,269
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Thanks again Christine.
Yes, Bali is a very beautiful place.

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 07:34 AM ----------



With the Pentax K24/2.8

Certainly a very handy lens that is wide enough for many things and very portable since its not big at all.
Now you are just showing off and making the rest of us look bad

PS - just joking - please post more photos - they are beautiful!
06-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #606
Veteran Member
hinman's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fremont, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,473
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Thanks again Christine.
Yes, Bali is a very beautiful place.

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 07:34 AM ----------

by jenkwang, on Flickr
With the Pentax K24/2.8

Certainly a very handy lens that is wide enough for many things and very portable since its not big at all.
I really enjoy all of your wide angle shots. Some test shots of a sale item


Schneider tele-xenar 135mm f/4.0 in chrome
























Cheers,
Hin
06-09-2014, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #607
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466
QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Now you are just showing off and making the rest of us look bad

PS - just joking - please post more photos - they are beautiful!
Ha..ha...

Glad you like the photos.



QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I really enjoy all of your wide angle shots.
Cheers,
Hin
Thanks Hin,
Too bad you are selling the lens.
It caught my eye on your Flickr page.
A gorgeous looking lens.

---------- Post added 06-09-2014 at 10:49 PM ----------

Something else using the K24/2.8



06-10-2014, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #608
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466
Some people shots around the Ubud area of Bali, to me, the Pentax A50/1.4 is certainly one of the best 50's out there and one of the reasons I want to use it on FF to maximize the isolation effect.














06-10-2014, 10:09 PM - 1 Like   #609
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466
Pentax K85/1.8 on FF.
Swirly bokeh that is otherwise not apparent on aps-c, since those swirls would not be part of the image circle.




Again, I got FF to use these lenses for the isolation effect they give for the same working distance.
06-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #610
osv
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: So Cal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,080
those bali pics are awesome!

good surf in bali, wish i was there.
06-11-2014, 03:29 PM   #611
Veteran Member
Christine Tham's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,269
Original Poster
More amazing pictures from pinholecam as usual - love them.

Makes me too ashamed to post my own photos LOL

Here's a photo of me instead, taken on the FE35. At the background is my alma mater (University of Sydney) - I can't believe it was exactly 30 years ago that I studied here.

Just visited at random - had a few hours spare, and we were in the neighbourhood. I did take a few pictures - will post them once I gather enough courage.

06-11-2014, 03:59 PM   #612
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
those bali pics are awesome!

good surf in bali, wish i was there.
Thanks.
I often look at photos on the net and wish I was in some temperate climate place with the nice fall/spring colors and all that.
But I guess the grass always looks a bit more green on the other side.

I have to count myself lucky to be able to access diverse cultures and places within 1-4hrs flight from where I am.
Downside is the heat of course



QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
More amazing pictures from pinholecam as usual - love them.

Makes me too ashamed to post my own photos LOL

Here's a photo of me instead, taken on the FE35. At the background is my alma mater (University of Sydney) - I can't believe it was exactly 30 years ago that I studied here.

Just visited at random - had a few hours spare, and we were in the neighbourhood. I did take a few pictures - will post them once I gather enough courage.
Thanks.
Uni of Sydney has nice architecture.
I came from UNSW which had none.

---------- Post added 06-12-2014 at 07:01 AM ----------



CV12

Manyar beach again in Bali.
Could have been better if the tide was lower.
It was a 'splash' of a time when we were there; Literally.
Water was a bit too high and rode up the shallow rocks onto us.
Maybe I will revisit this place again on another trip.
06-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #613
Veteran Member
Christine Tham's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,269
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
T
Thanks.
Uni of Sydney has nice architecture.
I came from UNSW which had none.
LOL - my high school was quite close to UNSW and most of my friends went there.

I was granted a scholarship to study at Sydney Uni. In retrospect, it was probably the best thing that happened to me, in terms of my career.

Australia in the 80s had an elitist core, underneath that "classless" and "everyone's equal" image we like to believe in. If you came from the right background, went to the right schools and universities, then you probably will get a great job, perhaps working for Daddy's company or one of Daddy's friends.

Being at Sydney Uni exposed me to this inner circle. When I graduated, my first job was with a stockbroker that would only employ people from Sydney University. They never stated that publicly or officially, but it was quite clear from their recruiting practices.

I would like to think that elitism is no longer the force that it was in those days, but I just realised it is still there in full force - our current Prime Minister is very much a member of the inner circle. I know, we have some mutual friends and I have cycled with him on a few times and chatted with him.

But anyway, back to topic - I am now sufficiently brave enough to post an architecture photo from Sydney Uni:
06-12-2014, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #614
Pentaxian
scratchpaddy's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 2,960
So much great photography here! I've been enjoying the thread for a while now. I hope you don't mind if I join in?

This is with the A7r and a Helios 40... because a 1100g lens on a 465g camera is a good idea.



Helios 44 now. Why not put a $30 lens on a $2000 camera?



The dog park was all I've had time for so far (I just got the camera a few hours ago), but I'll try and take it on a bike ride this weekend. Early, early in the morning, before it hits 110. Christine, it's winter for you, isn't it? Lucky. And Pinholecam... just hot all the time. I'm sorry, man. It doesn't seem to stop you from taking amazing pictures all the time, though.
06-12-2014, 11:15 PM   #615
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,466
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
So much great photography here! I've been enjoying the thread for a while now. I hope you don't mind if I join in?

This is with the A7r and a Helios 40... because a 1100g lens on a 465g camera is a good idea.



Helios 44 now. Why not put a $30 lens on a $2000 camera?



The dog park was all I've had time for so far (I just got the camera a few hours ago), but I'll try and take it on a bike ride this weekend. Early, early in the morning, before it hits 110. Christine, it's winter for you, isn't it? Lucky. And Pinholecam... just hot all the time. I'm sorry, man. It doesn't seem to stop you from taking amazing pictures all the time, though.
Good to see a familiar face here.
Welcome, Ian
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bali, bit, bottom, camera, centre, day, doll, f2.8, flickr, focus, frame, greys, helios, hin, lens, lenses, newcastle, photos, pictures, post, road trip, shots, store, studio, sydney, tamron, thanks, thread, time, trip
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your Sony RX100 Pictures Here twitch Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 430 06-11-2020 09:03 AM
Sony Alpha System Pictures Thread faceless_el Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 1 09-03-2013 04:20 PM
Γεια σας από Κύπρος kwacka Welcomes and Introductions 2 06-17-2011 02:12 PM
Another Competitor - The New Sony α-700 carpents Pentax DSLR Discussion 11 09-06-2007 05:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:31 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top