Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #721
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Shot was taken with a broken AF lens on A7. I was taking test shots for a Tokina 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 in Sony Alpha mount with LA-EA4 adapter. The AF fails after few weeks owning it. Something rattles as if a belt gets loose and I try using it on manual focus. It is likely a $20 lens that I sell as "for parts and not working" on evil bay.

In my evening walk, I always bump into this neighbor cat on the street. I like to think of him as a boy. He is super-friendly and I have a great time taking a pause and play with him. He is a stress buster to people whom he meets up and he has beautiful blue eyes.

Cheers,
Hin

08-22-2014, 03:52 AM   #722
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote

In my evening walk, I always bump into this neighbor cat on the street. I like to think of him as a boy. He is super-friendly and I have a great time taking a pause and play with him. He is a stress buster to people whom he meets up and he has beautiful blue eyes.

Cheers,
Hin
Nice cat photo.

One of nice features of the camera is how you can try almost any lens on it.
08-25-2014, 03:05 AM   #723
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Contentment
09-02-2014, 12:24 AM   #724
Veteran Member

Thought of getting the CV12 to go along with the A7 for wide angle shots but after trying, could not get use to the lens and try the CV21 F4 instead and prefer it.

Did not read up more about the CV21 when i gotten the lens, and it seem the purple casting/color shift at the edges are true.. Not prefect for people who are really taking architecture or landscape shots. But i kind of like the feel of it though.

09-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #725
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Thought of getting the CV12 to go along with the A7 for wide angle shots but after trying, could not get use to the lens and try the CV21 F4 instead and prefer it.

Did not read up more about the CV21 when i gotten the lens, and it seem the purple casting/color shift at the edges are true.. Not prefect for people who are really taking architecture or landscape shots. But i kind of like the feel of it though.

You can always sell the lens to Iman

The RF 21mm that works is the CV21/1.8 .
Not cheap and not small (a 50/1.4 or 31ltd size), which is why I did not get one.

The cheapest and working 20mm is the Canon FD.

The cheapest and widest that works both on Pentax and A7 would be the Samyang 14mm (and good IQ too; but distortion and hard to use filters)

The smallest wide that is still good enough IQ on A7 (not A7r) is the K24/2.8
09-04-2014, 07:42 AM   #726
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
You can always sell the lens to Iman

The RF 21mm that works is the CV21/1.8 .
Not cheap and not small (a 50/1.4 or 31ltd size), which is why I did not get one.

The cheapest and working 20mm is the Canon FD.

The cheapest and widest that works both on Pentax and A7 would be the Samyang 14mm (and good IQ too; but distortion and hard to use filters)

The smallest wide that is still good enough IQ on A7 (not A7r) is the K24/2.8

Did thought of K24 or maybe the M20.. Was on a look out at HK, but in the end, once touch the CV 12 and 21 size.. i am sold by it. Argh!
But somehow, the CV21 seem to be quite a fun lens for streets. Small and compact, damn good to hold with one hand and walk.. (only if the Sony Battery life can be improved :P)

09-04-2014, 09:19 AM   #727
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
Did thought of K24 or maybe the M20.. Was on a look out at HK, but in the end, once touch the CV 12 and 21 size.. i am sold by it. Argh!
But somehow, the CV21 seem to be quite a fun lens for streets. Small and compact, damn good to hold with one hand and walk.. (only if the Sony Battery life can be improved :P)
Nice shots!

We should really arrange for an outing to HK with some of the guys.
09-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #728
Veteran Member

Shot with Super-Takumar 50mm f/1.4 8-element and A7.

Cheers,
Hin

09-14-2014, 02:31 AM   #729
Veteran Member

Original Poster
At the digital playground

09-14-2014, 02:10 PM   #730
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Wow, what a dress, I WANT TO WEAR THAT!!!
09-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #731
Veteran Member

A7, super-takumar 50mm f/1.4 8-element
09-14-2014, 05:22 PM   #732

Hi all. Havn't been on the forums for a while. Still some awesome images coming through here. I'm still very happy with my A7. I'm still playing around with my lens selections. I keep not wanting to like the kit lens, but it rarely lets me down. It is still my only AF lens for the camera so is used for all climbing photography. Here is one from a couple of weeks back.

I took the K28 on holidays with me last week so have some shots from it to post up. Within the last week I also picked up a Zeiss 35-70/3.4 which I have had my eye on for a while.

I'm still not happy with my wide angle options so the thoughts about this above are appreciated. I want something wider than 28mm. My Elmarit-R 24mm is ok, but doesn't really wow me. I've just picked up a Pentax A24-50/4 in budget exterior condition. So I'll give that a whirl soon. I only recently became aware of it (and similar pentax options) and was really drawn to the zoom range for hiking.

I'm looking forward with anticipation to the release of the FE wide angle zoom, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it.

Edit: Thinking of taking advantage of the ebay 15% off thing. I have about $500 to spend. Any recommendations for a 20-24mm lens? A couple of options around my price point I've found are: Contax-Zeiss 25mm distagon, Pentax FA* 24mm

Last edited by camerons; 09-14-2014 at 05:57 PM.
09-15-2014, 04:05 AM   #733
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hanami
09-15-2014, 12:17 PM   #734

QuoteOriginally posted by camerons Quote
Hi all. Havn't been on the forums for a while. Still some awesome images coming through here. I'm still very happy with my A7. I'm still playing around with my lens selections. I keep not wanting to like the kit lens, but it rarely lets me down. It is still my only AF lens for the camera so is used for all climbing photography. Here is one from a couple of weeks back.

I took the K28 on holidays with me last week so have some shots from it to post up. Within the last week I also picked up a Zeiss 35-70/3.4 which I have had my eye on for a while.

I'm still not happy with my wide angle options so the thoughts about this above are appreciated. I want something wider than 28mm. My Elmarit-R 24mm is ok, but doesn't really wow me. I've just picked up a Pentax A24-50/4 in budget exterior condition. So I'll give that a whirl soon. I only recently became aware of it (and similar pentax options) and was really drawn to the zoom range for hiking.

I'm looking forward with anticipation to the release of the FE wide angle zoom, but I doubt I'll be able to afford it.

Edit: Thinking of taking advantage of the ebay 15% off thing. I have about $500 to spend. Any recommendations for a 20-24mm lens? A couple of options around my price point I've found are: Contax-Zeiss 25mm distagon, Pentax FA* 24mm
Well I foolishly sold my excellent 20mm SMC Takumar M42 lens about 2 years ago. Thought I would never find a use for it given the then changing times and I did get good money for it but now I wouldn't trade it for the world but too late. Anyhow, I did keep the 24mm SMC Takumar M42 lens. I do like Pentax lens above others so those two lenses would be my recommendation.
09-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #735
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by camerons Quote
I have the Zeiss Biogon 25mm and FA*24. Neither are perfect, but both have their strengths.

Did you see the massive Sony lens announcement? I didn't want to reply to your post yesterday because I knew the announcement was coming.

All I can say is - wow, REALLY WOW.

I am hoping to eventually buy all the lenses (apart from the Ultra Wide Adapter - don't think I need that given I am planning to buy the 16-35mm).

I was going to buy the Zeiss Loxias, but I think saving my money and buying the Sony lenses is better.