Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 490 Likes Search this Thread
12-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wow hinman you have been a very busy boy!

Interesting stat - in the first month of owning this camera, I have taken 2833 images

This excludes the calibration images I shot for the lens profiles - I took over 1000 images for those.

12-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #272
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Merry Christmas everyone! Photos from appropriately named Sydney Road

12-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #273
Veteran Member

Pure technical shots, nothing interesting (although I have a thought to play with the composition idea of 2nd). So, even my buddy (he was a victim this time) noticed how slow I shot with this camera. It seems I failed to sell it with 10% rebate and thus I will keep it for a time. But once the FF in NEX-5 body will be available, I will immediately switch to it.
12-25-2013, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #274
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Self portrait Christmas Day

Argyle Stairs

Apple Store

Life's Journey

12-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #275
Veteran Member

#2 and #3 are nice

Lux 35
12-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #276
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
#2 and #3 are nice
Thanks. I learn a lot from your photos. I even tried taking portraits with the camera on a tripod at waist level, as you suggested. The results are that it does make my legs look more chunkier (as I feared) but the overall photo is more balanced. The interesting thing about this photo is that you may notice I was automatically leaning back to compentate for the eye level perspective and I shouldn't have.

Last edited by Christine Tham; 12-25-2013 at 02:28 PM.
12-26-2013, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #277

Emacs, the shot with a (subway?) train is really nice!

Christine, I like your pinky selfie very much

Thanks to Hin's pictures I bought the Sigma 60mm f/2.8 A DN and I'm really glad I did. The vignetting is quite similar to the one from the 30mm Sigma but it looks better in portraits.

Here are some examples, more can be found on my blog:

12-26-2013, 11:06 AM   #278
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Thanks to Hin's pictures I bought the Sigma 60mm f/2.8 A DN and I'm really glad I did. The vignetting is quite similar to the one from the 30mm Sigma but it looks better in portraits.
I like these pictures a lot - very nice rendering and look.
12-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #279

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
I like these pictures a lot - very nice rendering and look.
Thank you, Christine!
12-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #280
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Thank you, Christine!
I am so proud of your images with Sigma 60. Your photos have widened up the capabilities of the combo, really well done especially on the framing, the lighting and mood depicted in the pictures. I don't think I need my A7, I need all the skills you, Emacs and Christine have on the photos. There is so much to learn from you all.

And big bravos to Christine for the generosity and help. And to Emacs, stop the negative comments and shoot more outstanding photos.

I have an odd question to all of you, I have been crazily changing lens on A7. The dust will show up someday, besides the good blower and the sensor cleaning on camera, do you prepare something that is safe but effective in cleaning stubborn dust spots? While I have great success in using wet method with eclipse on my Pentax bodies, the eclipse wet method left crazy residues for NEX as reported by others, hence I want to get some inputs from you all.

@Michele, can you enlighten us on the color processing on the 5th and 6th pictures with the little girls in purple, I like the color post processing.

Cheers,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 12-26-2013 at 06:22 PM.
12-26-2013, 11:54 PM   #281
Veteran Member

Original Poster

12-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #282
Veteran Member

Lux 50, ISO20000 (PPed in DxO Optics Pro 9 with PRIME NR enabled)

Last edited by Emacs; 12-27-2013 at 12:28 AM.
12-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #283

QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
I am so proud of your images with Sigma 60. Your photos have widened up the capabilities of the combo, really well done especially on the framing, the lighting and mood depicted in the pictures. I don't think I need my A7, I need all the skills you, Emacs and Christine have on the photos. There is so much to learn from you all.

And big bravos to Christine for the generosity and help. And to Emacs, stop the negative comments and shoot more outstanding photos.

I have an odd question to all of you, I have been crazily changing lens on A7. The dust will show up someday, besides the good blower and the sensor cleaning on camera, do you prepare something that is safe but effective in cleaning stubborn dust spots? While I have great success in using wet method with eclipse on my Pentax bodies, the eclipse wet method left crazy residues for NEX as reported by others, hence I want to get some inputs from you all.

@Michele, can you enlighten us on the color processing on the 5th and 6th pictures with the little girls in purple, I like the color post processing.

Cheers,
Hin
Thank you very much, Hin but I don't think your skills are lesser than mine.

For sensor cleaning I use a SensorKlear brush - it worked well with my NEX-es so it should do the same good job with the A7.

As for the color processing I used a slightly altered Steller Guru GreenGold preset in my LR (a bit more saturation and vibrance, more delicate split toning, some contrast and clarity). It works well with some pictures, especially these taken on a cloudy day.
12-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #284
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Summicron 90 at Mt. Annan

12-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #285

A beautiful place, nicely shown.