QuoteOriginally posted by Malfunction Quote
Nice bicycle shots Christine , not to keen on
the choice of footwear in the second shot

Few shots from the other day using the Tamron 28-75

Tyne Bridges

Gateshead Millennium Bridge

The Sage ,Gateshead
Lovely shots.

I took the plunge and got the LA-EA4 adapter. I'm not so sure about it though. Bigger than I expected. And operation just feels a bit clunky and slow.

Anyway, I'll persist for a while yet. It does (literally) balance the camera with Tamron 28-75 on it and gives you something to hold.

Photo with the Tamron:

And a couple with the Leica 60 macro:

03-04-2014, 03:24 PM   #453
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by camerons Quote
Lovely shots.

I took the plunge and got the LA-EA4 adapter. I'm not so sure about it though. Bigger than I expected. And operation just feels a bit clunky and slow.
I agree. Great shots from both yourself and Malfunction.

I'm a bit concerned about your remarks on the LA-EA4, since I was thinking of buying one (not sure why, since I currently don't own any A-mount lenses, but I have full on GAS!). Do keep us posted on your progress with it and the Tamron. Curious to know how fast/effective the focusing is when used "in anger."
03-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #454

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
I agree. Great shots from both yourself and Malfunction.

I'm a bit concerned about your remarks on the LA-EA4, since I was thinking of buying one (not sure why, since I currently don't own any A-mount lenses, but I have full on GAS!). Do keep us posted on your progress with it and the Tamron. Curious to know how fast/effective the focusing is when used "in anger."
My first reaction with the AF was, hmm that's a bit slow. I'm not that picky about these things usually, but even I noticed it was a bit slow. Bear in mind this is screw drive with the Tamron. The other main thing I've noticed is that the shutter release process takes longer and is dependent on what the aperture is set to. If it needs to stop down the aperture it takes longer. I wouldn't exactly call it shutter lag because the process of shutter release starts at the same point when you press the button. The whole thing just takes longer though.

Unfortunately, my first reactions are that I've taken a step back compared to using my K30 with the 17-50. :\ I've got another week or so before my change of mind return period runs out on the lens, so I'll try and use it as much as I can during that time to make up my mind.

03-05-2014, 08:01 AM - 2 Likes   #455

Hello again!
I caught up with the thread, saw a lot of excellent pictures (Christine, camerons, Malfunction - well done!) and I'm ready to add to it

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
Well, I didn't have the LA-EA4 but I had the LA-EA2 adapter and I must agree with camerons. It's a nice thing if you already have some A-mount lenses and, for example, you use the A7/A7r as a second camera. But the AF speed is lower than in SLT cameras and you just get a feeling that the camera... lingers a bit...
My advice is not to buy the LA-EA4 adapter if you don't have any A-mount lenses, the SLT-A99 camera will be a better choice.

Anyway, back to the A7 - here is a set of pictures taken with my beloved Cosina Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f/2.5 lens:

A 100% crop at f/2.5 (from RAW, no sharpening at all):

And you can find some more pictures (and the hi-res ones) on my blog: Per analogia: Sony A7 + Voigtlander Color-Heliar 75mm f/2.5
03-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #456
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Welcome back Michelek!

Bit disappointed to hear LA-EA4 is not as great as it could have been. For what it's worth, I've never really had good experiences with Tamron on Pentax but I was hoping things will be different with A-mount.

A lightly unconventional shot of Luna Park - the Dutch angle works well I think
03-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #457

Don't get me wrong, Christine - the LA-EA4 is not a bad adapter. In fact, I think it's a very good adapter, it's just not as good as an SLT/DSLR camera for the A-mount lenses.
But if you want to try out some of the outstanding Zeiss, Sony or Minolta lenses - like the Sonnar 135mm f/1.8 for example, you might give it a shot

03-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #458

Yeah, I'm going to send the Tamron back and sell the adapter. I'd keep the Tamron and use it manually if it had an aperture ring but it bugs me not knowing what the aperture is. Thinking the kit lens will be good enough for rock climbing shots and for bushwalking I'm thinking of getting a C/Y 35-70/3.4 and pairing that with either a 24 or 28mm wide angle. I would buy a Tamron 28-75 if they brought out a native E mount.
03-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #459

A small test on a light leak problem in the Sony A7 camera: Per analogia: Problem z przepuszczeniem ?wiat?a w Sony A7 - test w studio || Sony A7 light leak problem - a studio test
03-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #460
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
I predict the Sony solution to the light leak will be a Sony branded hair tie :-)

I am surprised the light leak was so uniform. In my tests, the light leak resulted very dim streaks on the right side of frame. You must have a really powerful lamp :-)
03-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #461

It was placed very close to the camera.

I like your prediction very much
03-07-2014, 04:47 PM - 2 Likes   #462
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some fabulous photos added by you lot !

a few photo by me , two very new models

bit disappointed by the first , my PS skills are very limited and can't be bothered to read up or watch video
and these don't merit paying for a re-toucher

Alex

Helena

Helena
03-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #463
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Malfunction Quote
Some fabulous photos added by you lot !

a few photo by me , two very new models

bit disappointed by the first , my PS skills are very limited and can't be bothered to read up or watch video
and these don't merit paying for a re-toucher

Alex
OK, the shadows on the face (and also body) need some work, but otherwise it's a fine photo. I would be tempted to go the other way and really enhance the shadows to turn it into an art photo.

Interesting perspective on one of Sydney's iconic buildings:
03-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #464

Spring is coming to Poland

03-10-2014, 07:26 PM   #465
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Spring is coming to Poland
Thanks for the photos.

Inspired by them, here is my version (although we now in autumn):