06-29-2015, 12:54 AM   #961
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ranchy Quote
WoW......

those are good present...

Sony PH-2.. are you also into audio?
LOL - yes, I am probably more "into audio" than photography. We have probably spent over $100,000k on our home theatre (price of being an "early adopter") and I have a separate music studio with all the recording equipment and musical instruments. By contrast, the amount of money I have spent on photography is comparatively smaller (but ever growing - I now have lost count how much stuff I have bought - it's well over 50 lenses and probably a dozen bodies by now).

I have over 1000 CDs in my music collection, over 400 SA-CDs, hundreds of LPs and other weird formats like DVD-Audio.

The Sony PHA-2 is a fantastic DAC and headphone amp, and a good complement to my ZX1 hi-res Walkman for high impedance headphones like the high end Sennheisers (I have the HD600 which is notoriously difficult to drive but it also does wonders to my Momentum). It's probably not as clean or as detailed as the Apogee Duet that I use for studio monitoring but good enough for portable listening. One good thing about the PHA-2 is that it handles DSD natively, which the ZX1 doesn't (it transcodes to PCM), the Apogee is also PCM only.

But enough talking about audio. I haven't even unpacked my new toys yet - maybe I'll take the 35mm f1.4 for a spin tomorrow.

06-29-2015, 07:08 PM   #962
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
LOL - yes, I am probably more "into audio" than photography. We have probably spent over $100,000k on our home theatre (price of being an "early adopter") and I have a separate music studio with all the recording equipment and musical instruments. By contrast, the amount of money I have spent on photography is comparatively smaller (but ever growing - I now have lost count how much stuff I have bought - it's well over 50 lenses and probably a dozen bodies by now).

I have over 1000 CDs in my music collection, over 400 SA-CDs, hundreds of LPs and other weird formats like DVD-Audio.

The Sony PHA-2 is a fantastic DAC and headphone amp, and a good complement to my ZX1 hi-res Walkman for high impedance headphones like the high end Sennheisers (I have the HD600 which is notoriously difficult to drive but it also does wonders to my Momentum). It's probably not as clean or as detailed as the Apogee Duet that I use for studio monitoring but good enough for portable listening. One good thing about the PHA-2 is that it handles DSD natively, which the ZX1 doesn't (it transcodes to PCM), the Apogee is also PCM only.

But enough talking about audio. I haven't even unpacked my new toys yet - maybe I'll take the 35mm f1.4 for a spin tomorrow.

Audiophile... hehe okok.. Do take more pictures and showcase the 35mm 1.4
06-30-2015, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #963
Veteran Member

some shots with CV15 MK3..
I ain't great at Landscape shot.. :X

06-30-2015, 08:26 PM   #964
osv
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Christine Tham Quote
wow... you probably have the dark side of the moon sacd?

i was able to download the bootleg 96/24 DVD-Audio alan parsons mix, and after a bit of work, i got the mlp 4.1 files playing in surround sound on my htpc... it's unbelievable, i wish that i had sacd to compare it to: Pink Floyd - ?Dark Side of the Moon? A DVD-Audio review by Nicholas D. Satullo | Artists, Featured Reviews, Titles | HighFidelityReview - Hi-Fi systems, DVD-Audio and SACD reviews

at any rate, lets see some 35/1.4 pics!

06-30-2015, 10:03 PM   #965
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by osv Quote
wow... you probably have the dark side of the moon sacd?

i was able to download the bootleg 96/24 DVD-Audio alan parsons mix, and after a bit of work, i got the mlp 4.1 files playing in surround sound on my htpc... it's unbelievable, i wish that i had sacd to compare it to: Pink Floyd - ?Dark Side of the Moon? A DVD-Audio review by Nicholas D. Satullo | Artists, Featured Reviews, Titles | HighFidelityReview - Hi-Fi systems, DVD-Audio and SACD reviews

at any rate, lets see some 35/1.4 pics!
Not only do I have the SACD, I have it converted to an ISO file from which I can extract the individual tracks as DSD streams so I can play it on any software that support DSF or DFF files. All my SACDs have been converted to ISO files and available in variety of formats for my various equipment (DSF, transcoded to PCM etc.) For example Audirvana, the Sony ZX1 walkman etc.

I also have the bootleg DVD-Audio (I quite like the mix - it's derived from the original Quad mix for LP - and I also have the original Quad LP as well!)

I also have the Bluray version containing the MLP mix.

Back to camera stuff - hoping to take the 35/1.4 out on the weekend. Was going to do something last night but too busy.
07-05-2015, 01:20 AM - 1 Like   #966
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My very first shot taken with the FE35mm f1.4 - processed (including artificial vignetting) using Nik Color Efex Pro:

"Default" Lightroom processing

Bokeh test
07-05-2015, 12:48 PM - 3 Likes   #967
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Some experiments taken with the FE 28mm f2 lens with the fish eye adapter. I had to turn off lens profile processing on Lightroom as the lens profile for the combo corrects for the fish eye distortion.

All photos were taken in World Square.

07-05-2015, 08:11 PM   #968
Veteran Member

Interesting and enjoyable shots.
Memo to self: must re-visit World Square with a UWA next time I am in Sydney.
07-06-2015, 03:21 AM   #969
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My attempt at portraiture on the FE35mm f1.4.

Had to do quite a lot of processing on this one - the original was rather uninteresting (composition, not image quality)

07-16-2015, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #970
Pentaxian

A couple of twilight shots in the Lake District

A7R CZ/Sony 16 - 35 both handheld

Derwentwater at Keswick f/11 1/40 ISO 200

Looking down to Blea Tarn between the two Langdale valleys as two fishermen pack up f/8 1/13 ISO 400

07-17-2015, 02:12 PM   #971
Pentaxian

Some from Glenridding and from 'The Lady of the Lake' on Ullswater. As a side note, although this area of England is called 'The Lake District', there is actually only ONE lake. Bassenthwaite Lake. All the other bodies of water are 'Meres' or 'Waters' or 'Tarns'. So it isn't Lake Windermere, as Windermere is a mere, not a lake...

Sony A7R 70 - 200 f/4

3. Mark LJ will probably be familiar with these swans. They were looking to be fed, but got nowt on this trip!

07-18-2015, 06:29 AM   #972
Pentaxian

Some from a Windy Ambleside yesterday...

Sony A7R 16 - 35

2. BW

3. 84 second exposure little stopper

4. 245 second exposure: big stopper

07-28-2015, 05:19 PM - 1 Like   #973
osv
Veteran Member

a7r and the trusty old tamron sp 60-300mm adaptall-2 zoom:

08-01-2015, 04:23 AM   #974
Veteran Member